CHAPTER THIRTEEN

FIRE AND BLOOD
( CHAPTER THIRTEEN )
"DID WE TAKE TOO MANY CHANCES?
DID WE LET TOO MANY PASS US?"

FIRE AND BLOOD( CHAPTER THIRTEEN )"DID WE TAKE TOO MANY CHANCES?DID WE LET TOO MANY PASS US?"

291, THE RED KEEP

AEREA TARGARYEN SHOT OLENNA TYRELL A BALEFUL LOOK FROM WHERE SHE SAT AT THE HEAD TABLE. It had only been two hours since the feast had begun and Aerea already wanted to go back to her chambers and sleep. She had been accosted several times just walking into the room and it took all of her willpower not to just outright leave--the only thing stopping her being Draqo's degrading, but amusing, comments toward the men and the fact that she had promised Olenna that she would at least try.

She forced a smile onto her face as she chatted with some lord that she didn't even know the name of about some dull subject, her eyes drifting around the area. Astara was sitting with Ellaria and Nymeria Sand, the three of them seemed to be pointing out lords and laughing so she assumed that they were making fun of them and Aerea would have killed to join them. Brienne was standing next to Theon, who was already eating some food that Aerea had some servants bring out for him. Brienne shot her a tight smile and Aerea just gave her a small one back. Aerea's eyes passed over Jaime because he's an asshole, Theodor was talking with Stannis at the head table, and some of the other high nobles were chatting over some wine.

Aerea looked back toward Olenna Tyrell, who was giving the man she was talking with a rather nasty look before she looked at Aerea and waved her over. Aerea walked over to the woman after bidding goodbye to whatever lord she had been talking to. Next to Olenna, Willas gave her a teasing smile, "You look like you're having fun," he said and Aerea shot him a withering look before looking back toward Olenna.

"Not him," the woman immediately said, "You are not taking a Northman as your husband."

Aerea looked back at the boy she had been talking to with a frown. He wasn't bad looking, he had dark hair and pale blue eyes--compared to the rest of the lords at the feast, he was actually rather good-looking and around her age. "Maybe I liked him," Aerea countered even though she didn't know his name.

"What's his name?" Olenna immediately asked and Aerea looked away petulantly. Olenna sighed, "That's Domeric Bolton, Roose Bolton's heir."

Aerea looked back at the boy, surprised, although now she could see the semblance, though Domeric was much more handsome than his father and his blue eyes were much kinder. Domeric caught her staring at him and gave her a small smile, Aerea just nodded at him and looked away, making a note to talk to him again before the northerners left King's Landing. "Never would have guessed," she admitted, sparing a glance toward Roose Bolton who was staring coldly at anyone who came too close to him, "He's warmer than his father."

"The Land of Always Winter is warmer than Roose Bolton," Willas Tyrell countered and Aerea laughed loudly.

"You've got me there," she said, amused, eyes drifting back around the hall. She noticed Sam standing awkwardly in the corner and smiled, he hadn't wanted to come to the feast but Aerea had insisted because he was an honorary member of her Small Council. She raised a hand after catching his eye and waved him over. Though looking entirely embarrassed at the sudden attention, Sam Ridman made his way through the crowd, apologizing fervently as he bumped into rowdy, drunken lords. By the time he got to Aerea, his face was beat red and he was a stuttering mess.