Acknowledgement & Intro

First of all, I don't own any characters, except my own OCs. This was inspired from Philippa Gregory's novels and the drama series: The White Queen and The White Princess. The pictures in my (horrible) edit are from Pinterest.

I'm going with The White Princess timeline, altering it a bit to fit my character in. I'll try to stay as accurate as possible (this is a fanfic, so it is not HISTORICALLY ACCURATE). You guys can lend me your constructive criticism, I would love that.

If you think I hate certain characters, I don't. I am writing BASED on the books and the tv show that I watched. I know it's not accurate what Gregory wrote and that's that.

So, let me introduce my character:

Richard Plantagenet, a child who grew to look so much as his predecessor, was a threat to the Tudors, but Richard never asked to be born in such circumstances.

As a young child, he never understood why people looked at him in a..., different way. He never understood why he couldn't play with his siblings or call his parents mother and father like his siblings did.

Jasper Tudor saw something in this boy and hoped, if he nurtured him, the boy would grow up to be loyal to House Tudor, not an enemy. Jasper knew Richard was innocent. Why punish him for something he didn't do and instead, put him to a good use?

Margaret Beaufort, however, felt it was wrong for the child to even be in court. How she wished they had hid the child in the countryside and hoped he didn't learn about his true identity, but the boy looked so much like his father, it was hard to miss, especially to Richard III's loyalists.

Queen Elizabeth of York smiled, happy to see her children, but her husband, King Henry Tudor knew she was never happy. Despite them founding love in each other, he knew his wife often wondered and worried about her son with..., him. Richard would be forever a friction between them.

Richard was trained and tutored, but that didn't stop his family - his maternal grandmother, Dowager Queen Elizabeth Woodville, his cousin, Maggie Pole, his father's sister, Margaret of York and his paternal grandmother, Duchess Cecily Neville, from ever telling him who Richard III was. Despite under the close watch of Jasper Tudor, young Richard managed to learn bits of pieces about his father.

Jacquetta always told her daughter how they were descendants of Melusina, that magic was in their blood. Could Richard had inherited the gift when he heard a woman softly sings at night and the next day, someone close to him dies? Would he use magic to advance himself to his goals?

Richard knew people championed him to the throne as the true king, but Richard knew better than to openly contest the crown. He must tread carefully, earning favours and gaining powers. He wanted to serve Henry Tudor to the point where no one will ever question his loyalty. Only then, he will make his move, but will he be willing to kill his siblings for the crown?

Along the way, Richard will encounter the one thing he never thought to encounter - love (I used Rosamund Pike playing Jane Bennet as inspiration). Will he be able to get his love and will the king grant him a marriage? If so, would Richard's children ever be safe?