✽ two ✽

"Do you have to go, hyung?"

It was the day. The day when he leaves South Korea to work in Australia.

Seokjin turned to Namjoon, while holding the handle of his luggage, and showed a soft smile. "Yeah. I have to."

Even if I don't want to.

Namjoon nods in reluctance. Shoving his hands into his pant pockets, he looks at Seokjin and says, "good luck on that plane ride hyung. And don't lose your passport."

Seokjin laughed silently while shaking his head. "Namjoon, may I remind you, you're the only one who loses passports around here."

Namjoon shrugged while pouting adorably, "well, you'll never know! I've only lost my passports a few times but hey, at least I don't lose myself by laughing whenever I make a terrible joke."

He was earned a slap on the shoulder. A playful slap, although Seokjin could've hit him harder. "Shut up!" He laughs with the sound of windshield wipers slowly emerging from it.

A dimpled smile formed on Namjoon's face, a smile that Seokjin loved so much. It was that smile that made him fall in love with Namjoon multiple times. He wanted to see that smile, to kiss those plush lips of his and to be in his comfort. He wanted to tell him so badly but, he was afraid of the consequences.

Although, it was the point of him going to Australia. Yes, he is going there to work but, if Namjoon would return the feeling, then definitely he would be back in no time. But if he gets rejected, then he will be living there permanently, maybe even die there if he wants to.

Seokjin glances at Namjoon then at his fingers. He could feel his stomach churning from the Asters, a petal which will soon come out, but he held it back.

"I guess, I'll see you soon." Namjoon sighs, "I'm gonna miss you hyung."

Seokjin purses his lips before replying, "I'll miss you too."

Namjoon gives him another smile before turning on his heel.

"Wait."

He looks back at Seokjin with a curious expression. He asks, "what is it?"

Seokjin lowers his head as he grips onto the handle even tighter. This was it. This is when he finds out if Namjoon does like him back or not. This is the moment of truth, and he wasn't sure if he will take it lightly or not.

"Namjoon," he was reluctant, he was nervous, but he kept ongoing. "I like you..."

He doesn't look at Namjoon, afraid to see the expression on his face. Even without raising his head, he already had expected him to be shocked, and he was, utterly even.

Namjoon hand hovered over his mouth, trying his best to process what Seokjin had just confessed to him. He was overwhelmed by this, too overwhelmed that he was speechless.

"Namjoon, I love you." Seokjin looks at him with his mustered up courage, and that's when he finally sees his best friend's reaction; a reaction that broke him.

It didn't stop him though. He continued to speak from his heart even when it continues to hurt him. "Namjoon, I need you. You are my world, you are my cure to my sickness. You complete me and, you just make me so happy." Seokjin's voice turned brittle at the end, feeling the tears coming up his eyes.

Namjoon blinks at him disbelievingly. "Hyung... I..." He held his head, looking away from Seokjin and swearing under his breath.

This unintentionally hurt his best friend.

"I, don't love you in that way..."

He knew it. He knew that Namjoon would react this way but there was still a pang on Seokjin's heart that hit him so badly. He had expected this to happen, but he needed his sickness to be cured. He wanted to end the suffering of the Aster flowers growing within him and so he went on.