✽ nine ✽

It was the time no one was looking forward to.

Jimin's funeral.

The atmosphere of the day was gloomy and depressing, as expected for an event like this. Family members came but only did Seokjin notice that there weren't as many people as he expected there would be. Jimin's mom was there, his dad, his brother, his closest aunt, and his uncle. It was just them and his closest friends in the world.

Inside the hotel reception room, there laid the body of Jimin, inside the white coffin which had his picture on top of it, him smiling that bright smile of his. This and the color of the coffin had contrasted the dark clothing of the guests and every emotion that filled the air.

Sadness, it was the general emotion everyone was feeling, and really, it was no lie. Not on an event like this.

Even to Seokjin whose heart ached for his late friend. For Jimin, who might've not known that his friends never had forgotten him even if they were miles away. For he was special to them, he who deserved more than to die at such an early age.

Walking up to the coffin, his heart raced and his breathing became shallow. Taking a few more steps, he takes in a better view of Jimin. His lifeless body, the makeup he had on, the white gown he was wearing, every single element inside that coffin including the atmosphere itself was heartbreaking.

All of this made him want to question, what did Jimin do to deserve this?

Seokjin's hand trembled, his lips quivered, tears had escaped his eyes as he settles his hand onto the side of the smooth wooden box.

It's weird seeing him like this, him lifeless inside that box. The last time Seokjin had seen him, he was full of energy. He was a burning star, smiling and shining brighter than any other. He was full of life, he was full of joy, he was full of hope, but now, as Seokjin looks at him, he was like stone. The battery of hope he once had, it was all gone. He's drained.

This, in front of him, this event itself, was a nightmare Seokjin wanted to wake up to but can never.

Because Jimin's truly gone, and this filled Seokjin with sadness and regret.

I'm sorry. I wish I could've spent more time with you.

Seokjin shuts his eyes, tightly pressing his lips and mumbling a little prayer before taking a final glance at Jimin. He reluctantly lifted his hand from the coffin, turning on his heel and leaving.

I hope you find happiness in heaven.

His heart had weighed heavily inside his chest and his throat twisted from the tears he was trying to hold back. As Seokjin heads over to a chair, he stole glimpses at the rest of the guests, wondering how each one was doing.

Jimin's family was near his coffin. His mom was crying, burying her face in her handkerchief, his dad was comforting her while talking to his aunt and uncle. His brother was sitting there, staring at the coffin with red puffy eyes.

Hoseok was crying waterfalls while Yoongi sat by his side and comforted him, crying along with him. Taehyung and Jungkook were talking to each other with evident frowns, and Namjoon approached the coffin, taking his turn to pay his respects.

The mood was all the same, depressing. Everyone in this room mourned just for one single person, one person who meant a lot to them.

This situation, this will happen to Seokjin, he thought. Even if he didn't have the disease, soon enough, he will be the person lying on a coffin out cold. He would be the one who would have his heart as still and cold as stone.

Seokjin took a chair and sat on it, lying back and emptily staring into the air.

It suddenly came to mind, what would happen if he were the one to die? Would the same situation happen again? The situation where his loved ones would mourn over him, cry over him, wishing that they could've spent more time with him?