❀ two ❀

"Well, I guess this is it then." Seokjin laughed awkwardly, tapping his fingers onto the handle of his luggage.

"Yeah, I guess it is." Namjoon lowered his head, pursing his lips in thought.

Today is the day when Seokjin would leave to Australia, and surely Namjoon would miss him. He wasn't sure how long he would stay there but hoped that it wouldn't be too long.

Even if they were still standing near each other, a few feet away, Namjoon already misses him. He remembered asking Seokjin if he had to go to Australia to work when he could just stay and find a job somewhere here in South Korea. He needed to, quoting Seokjin, so Namjoon decided to keep his mouth shut after that and to understand him.

Truthfully, he didn't like the idea of Seokjin being kilometers away from him but, it was his decision. It is what he wanted and so he supported him.

Namjoon mentally sighed, "do you have to go hyung?" He had to ask that question again. Seokjin was like a brother that Namjoon never had, one of the only family he had left. Not that his parents were dead, but it was because Seokjin was that person who stayed by his side for most of his life, at least the important parts. They technically grew up together, he had become a part of Namjoon—in a brotherly way of course—that him leaving would mean that he would have to restrain the agonizing days that will come.

"Yeah. I have to." Seokjin smiled softly.

Namjoon nodded in reluctance. Shoving his hands into his pant pockets, he faces him and says, "good luck on that plane ride hyung. And don't lose your passport."

Seokjin laughed silently while shaking his head. "Namjoon, may I remind you, you're the only one who loses passports around here."

He shrugged while pouting, "well, you'll never know! I've only lost my passports a few times but hey, at least I don't lose myself by laughing whenever I make a terrible joke."

He had earned a playful slap from Seokjin. "Shut up!" The latter laughed his infamous windshield wipers, causing Namjoon to smile his signature dimpled smile.

He will miss these little and playful interactions they have, these little bickerings, these little talks, all of it. He will miss this especially Seokjin.

He didn't want him to leave but then he needed to. He had to convince himself, that Seokjin will return.

Yes, Seokjin will return in no time.

"I guess, I'll see you soon." Namjoon sighed, "I'm gonna miss you hyung."

Seokjin pursed his lips before replying, "I'll miss you too."

With one final glance, giving him another smile, Namjoon turns on his heel.

"Wait."

Immediately, he looks back at Seokjin with a curious expression. "What is it?"

Seokjin lowered his head with this expression of nervousness written all over his face which made Namjoon cock his head to the side in question.

"Namjoon," he breathed out, "I like you..."

This confession earned Seokjin a stare.

It took a while for the bullet to hit Namjoon but once it did, his mind had shut down. He covered his mouth in shock. He had trouble processing this new information and he was just overwhelmed, too overwhelmed that he was speechless.

This confession was a single stab to Namjoon's heart.

"Namjoon, I love you." Seokjin looks at him with his mustered up courage, finally seeing the reaction of his best friend which broke him. But he didn't stop.