◦ 1 6 ◦

After texting Eggsy about the change of plans once she got in her cab, Clover contacted Brandon and told him she'd be coming home, but that he was more than welcome to come anyway to hang out. Clover didn't really want to be alone and was relieved when he'd agreed to coming. She jumped when felt a couple of buzzes in her pocket and fished her phone out. 

Beautiful Angel Rox 😇: your dumb boyfriend has somehow managed to rope me into giving him info for his stupid diplomat dinner when I should be spending time with my gf. please save me.

B-Dawg: ay you weren't home so av let meself in, hope thats aight

Clover quickly replied to both before settling down for the remainder of the cab ride. Once she'd arrived home, she let herself in and heard talking upstairs. Her guard immediately went up, though she knew it was almost definitely Brandon. She made her way upstairs as silently as possible and once she got to the office panic filled her body.

"Brandon!" She screamed, rushing over to him. He had the spare pair of Kingsman glasses on, which she could hear Eggsy yelling at him through, a joint between his lips and a 'lighter' in his hand. However, it wasn't any old lighter, it was the Kingsman hand grenade and it was flashing and ticking in his hand, ready to go off. Clover lunged forward and snatched it out of his hands, closing it immediately.

"Alright, chill your boots," Brandon said, raising his hands in defence. He continued to rant about the gun display in the wall and the transmission in his glasses which he was quick to take off and fling onto the desk after Eggsy's bout of screaming. 

However, Clover was too busy staring out the window to listen. Her eyes widened and she grabbed Brandon by the collar, hauling him up from his chair.

He protested, "Yo, Clover, what the fuck-"

"Grab JB!" Clover screamed, scooping Lady up and sprinting out the room "Brandon! RUN!". Though his teachers might disagree, Brandon was smart enough to know something was wrong. Seriously wrong. So he was quick to follow Clover's orders, grabbing the dog and sprinting to catch up with her. He met her in the backyard where she grabbed his arm and dragged him along the grass, trying to reach the shed that Harry had built as an underground shelter on the other side of the yard as a high pitched squealing sound grew louder and louder.

Before they could reach the shed, Clover screamed, "Down!" And dragged him to the floor. She moved over him to cover him and before he knew it the world burst into flames and started raining Earth.

. . .

Eggsy sat at the table in shock. His breathing heavy and laboured, his knuckles were turning white from his grip on the wood and his eyes scaned the screen of his glassed, begging for Clover to pick them up and dust them off. Brandon, not being familiar with the technology of the Kingsman glasses, hadn't known how to end the transmission and, as a result, the glasses had continued to stream to Eggsy. He'd heard the panic in Clover's voice. Seen the frantic movements of the two as they race out the room, and he'd heard the missile hit the house. Clover's childhood house; the place where he'd made so many memories with her. And now, if he were to make an educated guess, not only was the house in ruins but his girlfriend and best friend had died with it.

The diplomats looked at the man in front of them in shock at how Eggsy had changed so suddenly. When he'd walked in he cocky...charismatic and now, tears streamed down the mans face and it seemed as though his whole world had turned black and white. And to Eggsy, it felt like it had.

. . .

Clover winced as her head pounded. She reached up to rub at her temples though someone was quick to stop her, grabbing her hand and putting it back down to her side. Her eyes widened at the touch and she immediately bolted up, scooting away from whoever touched her.