Jin ♡ Merman AU [request]

Jin's POV

"Seokjin do you have your acceptance speech ready for your coronation next week?"
"No. I don't want to do any of that. Can't I go and hang out with my friends instead?"
"Jin you're 26. You're about to become king, you can't be slacking off."
I sighed and flopped back on my bed.
"You need to come downstairs, it's time for lunch."

I sighed and got off my bed heading downstairs.

After lunch I "went on a swim."
I snuck off to the surface. Since I'm a prince I can turn into a human on land. I come up here often to clear my head and get away from my princely responsibilities.

(Just so you guys know he has clothes on ok. He's a prince so he can magically walk out of the water and have clothes on)

I figured I'd point that out before y'all blow up the comments with "bUt WhERe's hiS clOThEs?!"

I take a seat in the sand and look out at the water, the fluffy white clouds hanging above it. I let out a blissful sigh as the wind passes through my hair. I forget all about my coronation next week.

I don't want to become a king. I don't want to take on all this responsibility. The only good thing is, I'm not being forced to marry someone. My parents were kind enough to let me become king without a queen. I'm free to marry whoever I want, I just haven't found them yet.

"Angel come back!" I hear a girl shout.

I look over and see a small dog running towards me, a girl chasing after it. The dog runs to me and starts jumping on me. I start to pet the small dog and laugh.

"Angel." The girl groans as she finally makes it over to us. "I'm so sorry."
"It's fine." I laughed and looked up at the girl.

It felt like my heart stopped. Her eyes sparkled and her hair was so perfect and flawless. She had the most beautiful facial features. Big bright eyes, a cute nose and the most kissable lips I've ever seen.

"Um." She cleared her throat.

I blinked a few times and quickly apologized for staring.
I frantically tried to figure out a way to keep her here longer.

"What was your dog's name again?" I asked.
"Her name is Angel."
"She sure looks like an angel." I smiled and softly pet the dog.
"I rescued her a few months ago. She was almost dead but I found her just before it was too late. I'd like to think she had a guardian angel watching over her so that's why I named her Angel."
"That's a really amazing story." I smiled. "I'm Jin by the way." I said holding my hand out.
"I'm Y/n." She shook my hand lightly.

I felt a small shock when out hands touched and it made my heart flutter.

"So Jin, what brings you here? Do you live here or are you vacationing."
"I live here."
"Oh, where at?"
"Uh... nearby."
"Ah." She nodded. "Well I'm so sorry Angel just started jumping all over you like that. I feel like I should make it up to you in some way."
"Well, we could hang out more." I spoke shyly, afraid of being too forward.
"Sure. I'd like that." She smiled.

Your POV

When I got home I couldn't stop thinking about Jin. There was something about him that was a little... odd. I just can't put my finger on it. When we shook hands I swear I felt a tiny shock, which was strange but I didn't say anything.

***

Jin turned out to be a really nice guy. We met on the beach a couple times after the first day we met, but after that we started meeting at coffee shops, parks and restaurants. I even let him come over to my house one night.