Chapter 40

Jared, Jensen, and Laney all got to Jared's house, but no one had said anything since they arrived. After a few minutes, Laney sighed. "If I didnt fucking leave this wouldn't be happening."

"Don't blame yourself", Jensen sighed as he ran his hands through his hair. "There's absolutely no way we could have seen this coming." Jared stayed silent as he leaned against the wall while Jensen and Laney sat on separate couches. 

The room fell back into silence. Complete silence that was filled with fear. A few seconds after, Jared's phone started to ring on the kitchen counter. Your brother raced to the island and picked it up without even looking at the caller id. "Y/N?'

"No, Mr. Padalecki. It's Detective Campbell." 

Jared sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Of course. Sorry", he said back as he put the phone on speaker and set it down on the coffee table in the center of the living room. 

"No need to apologize. I was calling to say that we found CCTV footage from the Diamond if you would like to see it."

"Of course. I'm with her boyfriend and the friend she was with that night. Can they come too or is it strict?"

"If they can, they may be able to help me piece together information my team and I need. Just come down to the station."

"Okay. Thank you." Ending the call, your brother looked between Jensen and Laney. "Who's coming."

Jensen raised his hand, but Laney shook her head. "I want to, but I need to get shifts covered."

"Can you do it in the car on the way there? Campbell is going to need your help."

Thinking about it for a second, she nodded; making Jared stand up. "Alright. Everyone in the car", he said as he clapped his hands and fished his keys out of his pocket. 

He led the way into the garage and hopped in the driver seat, while Jensen got into the shotgun side, and Laney scooted to the right side of the back seat. Once everyone was settled, Jared backed the car up and started towards the station. 

The air in the car was heavy. Jared's eyes were focused intently on the road, Laney was calling people and quietly offering to cover shifts if they took hers, and Jensen sat in silence while staring out the window. 

His mind was racing a mile a minute. He didnt know where you were, if you were okay, how scared you are, and so much more he would never be able to admit. And it terrified the hell out of him. 

Since his mind was racing the entire ride, it felt like they all got to the station in a minute. The three of them filed out of the car without saying a word and walked up to the Detective; who was standing outside waiting for everyone's arrival.

"Hey Detective", Jared smiled weakly. 

"Hi, Mr. Padalecki. Wish we met on better circumstances." Austin shook your brother's hand while Jensen and Laney quietly watched the exchange. "To you two as well." They both nodded in response. 

After the awkward interaction, Austin led the group into the station and to the back into his office, where Matt and Caroline were set up. "Jensen, Jared, and Laney", Austin said as he pointed to each of them. "You've met the boys, but Laney is her close friend and was with her last night."

"Hi guys", Caroline half smiled. "You guys ready to see the footage?"

Jensen nodded with a furrowed brow and crossed arms. The three of them, including the Detective, all stood behind the computer monitor that was set up in the office, while Matt pulled up CCTV footage where you could see out into the parking lot at people walking in and leaving through the front door. "So this is from last night. What time did she get there", Matt asked.