53.

A/N: Its been only one day but I cannot help not sharing. I am just so impatient and restless. So here is the next chapter. I don't even think we will last 12 days. The way I have been updating, I think next 5-6 days Lucifer will be done.

"I am going to tell you one thing that is going to help you stop James", were Damia's words to me as I mercilessly lay on the ground.

She sighed and bent down till her face was as the same level as me.

"When I performed the ceremony to turn James into the devil, I did something out of the ordinary. I binded both your lives by your blood. As long as he lives, you live. And as long as you live, he lives. So if you die, he will automatically be dead too. And if Master Lucifer kills James, it will end your life as well"

"What", no words other than this left my mouth.

"I am sorry", was all she said. "That was the only way I could put an end to all this. There was no choice out of it. His power is out of control. My magic nor the magic of all wizards and witches could stop James. The only way he can be killed is either by this method or by Lord Lucifer killing him. If you want to stop James and save Lucifer and the underworld, you must sacrifice yourself"

A set of tears rolled down my eyes. I never wanted anything to happen to Taehyung. But I never expected to meet my end this way either.

"You love him. You love our lord?", she asked and I saw some sympathy in her eyes.

I nodded my head without any word. She put her hand on my shoulder. "I am truly sorry. But Lucifer's life and well being is more important for me. To save him and the throne, I had to do this. I cannot let James take over hell. If he rules, he will ruin all three realms"

"Its okay", I managed. "I wouldn't have lived long even If I got out of here alive. My transition is lethal and I am no way surviving it. So if I have a choice between dying ordinarily and dying to save Lucifer, I will always take the second option. I am willing to die a thousand times for him, if he can live"

She smiled, a sad one. The kind that masked pain. "Your sacrifice won't be in vain. The gods of death will be proud. Take this", she opened her robe and removed a dagger.

"This is the knife of Keres, the goddess of death. It is the only weapon that could kill Lord Lucifer and now James. There are two of these. James has one and he will use it on Lucifer. Before he does, you must use it. If this knife goes through Lucifer, it will be the end of him. There will be no going back"

I took the dagger as I put it in my own robe. Wiping my tears I looked at her. "If I use this on myself, will this kill James for sure?"

Damia nodded. "This is the most lethal weapon in the whole world because it is blessed by the goddess of death herself. It can kill angels and the devil likewise. No one can live after being injured by this. Even if James sacrifices you in the fire pit and you die, it won't kill him. He is immune to fire. Blood binding will only work when the death is through this weapon"

I nodded and she stood up. She watched as I tucked the dagger safely in my robe, to be used when the need arises.

"I must leave now. I cannot thank you enough and the kingdom of hell will never forget you", she left a moist kiss on my forehead. "Lord Lucifer will never forgive me for this but it is my duty to do it. I will have to live with the brunt of being the reason he lost his love but hell requires me to do so"