Chapter Forty-Seven: Giving In

Ada tugged at his shirt, about ready to shred the fabric apart. She assumed with her luck, however, that all her effort would only cause a small rip. It was a full-blown dramatic gesture or none at all.

Tom seemed to forget or disregard all the promises he'd made to himself and stripped the shirt off his body in one swoop. He knelt above her, looking glorious in the faint lighting coming from the bathroom behind him. At that moment, Tom looked like he belonged on the cover of a romance novel.

Ada admired the contours of his chest, raising her fingers to his body, only to watch as those fingers wandered downward and unzipped his jeans. To her surprise, he let her, instead looking back at her with a lazy, scolding gaze. He remained silent as she loosened the button, waiting for his hands to reach out and stop her.

The tip of her finger traced his pelvic bone, what she regarded as the sexiest part of the male body. It was a feature she'd never had the chance to touch, and the way Tom sucked in his breath as she traced just below the fabric of his jeans, his reaction didn't disappoint. She wondered if there was so much as a miniscule chance he'd give up on his rules and give in to what they both wanted.

Ada had given her heart to him, and his to her. Now, as she drank in the beautiful sight of his body, she wanted the rest of him.

As Tom lowered himself, Ada closed her eyes and lifted her body, casting her inhibitions aside, and slid her tank top over her head. There was nothing subtle about this hint seeing as she wasn't wearing a bra, but Ada didn't want to wait if she didn't have to.

The warning she expected from Tom didn't come. Instead, his body paused in mid-air and there was a silence in the room, minus her own pounding heart. She'd never exposed herself so candidly to someone, and it was both liberating and terrifying as hell.

Fingertips grazed her nipple, causing her back to arch and eyelids to flutter. When his body moved away from her, she opened her eyes in time to see Tom's lips lower to her navel, leaving behind small kisses across her stomach, and made his way up to the slope of her breast.

A sensation surged through Ada's body when his lips grazed the skin as it moved upward to the center of her breast, his teeth nipping the hypersensitive area. Her body arched again and she let out a gasp as she felt the tip of his tongue.

Without a second thought, Ada tugged his pants and boxers down, not in the least bit surprised when his hand stopped her halfway down.

"I don't have a condom," he said, the look on his face showing the same disappointment she felt when he stopped her.

But her disappointment disappeared and relief took its place. Ada's cheeks flushed, and she twisted the gray sheet around her finger. "About that..."

"Ada," Tom said, his pitch higher than usual, "did you bring condoms?"

The flush of her cheeks burned from the stare her eyes were avoiding but entire body felt. "I bought some while we were at the grocery store," she admitted.

It wasn't like she'd planned on seducing him tonight, Ada just wanted no setbacks when the moment came. She had every intention of just keeping a couple in her purse and had zero expectations in using them tonight. "You know I like to be prepared for stuff."

He formed a nearly perfect straight line with his mouth, but the slight curve in the corners gave him away. "Where are they?"

It was then her heart felt as if it'd stopped. "The bathroom," Ada said so quietly she could barely hear herself. "In my purse."

He pulled his pants back up, not bothering to fasten them, and scooted off the bed.

Ada's eyes followed his every movement, her fingers reaching up to her lips, still puffy from the greatest kiss of her life. The recent memory of them left her feeling dizzy, needy. She could only imagine what she'd feel after number five if number three left her feeling like this.