Deleted/ Rewritten Scenes (Part Three)

Morning After The Make Up:

Not a night had gone by since the one where he'd first slept over where Ada hadn't dreamt of Tom. Some sexual, some sweet, most somewhere in between. Her first dream she'd ever had of him was him kissing her after hours at the coffee shop, which had come true. The reality of that kiss had far exceeded anything she could have dreamt up.

But this was the first time she'd dreamt of him as she slept cuddled against him.

Waking up in his arms, however, was a very different experience from her dreams. In her last dream, she woke up naked in his arms after a night of passion. She woke up in his bed, had a round of morning sex, then slid on one of his button up shirts and make him breakfast.

This dream did not come true. The reality of waking up next to him hit her like a glass of ice cold water.

Literally.

The water stung at her skin and soaked into her bones. Ada gasped for air as her body flew up, hearing a loud thud as the final drops hit her.

"Oh good," her father said as he stood above her at the end of the couch. "You're up. You can make me some coffee."

She'd forgotten about Tom until his hand came up and grabbed the pillow, which he brought down to the floor with him. His voice was muffled by the pillow as he spoke against it. "I hate you so fucking much right now."

Her father walked out of the room as he answered, "Yeah, I'm good with that."

Ada glanced over the edge of the couch to get a better look at Tom. She was damp. He was completely soaked.

Tom let out a groan in the pillow before readjusting to look at her with half open eyes. "He's going to torture me, isn't he?"

Ashamed of the laugh that escaped her lips, Ada covered her mouth and nodded. "Looks like it. And here I am already getting stuck in the crossfire."

His expression didn't change and his body didn't move. Considering he must have been freezing, he was in a strange daze. "It's not fair. I can't even hit him. And he knows it too. He knows he can do whatever the fuck he wants, and I can't fight back."

Ada wiped her wet hair away from her face and slid off the couch and down to the floor, pressing her body against his to give him warmth. "You don't have to take it."

Tom's head dropped to the side to look and he raised his hand to place it on her cheek. "If it gets me you, I'll take whatever he dishes out."

It was probably one of the sweetest things anyone had ever to her and Ada didn't bother trying to hide the rosy color taking over her cheeks.

"I should go make some coffee before I get caught doing something worthy of chainsaw consequences." Tom pressed his lips against her forehead.

"I'll make the coffee."

"Nah. I'll make the coffee. I'm pretty sure it's your dad's way of letting me know I'm his bitch. You can raid your dad's dresser and find me a sweatshirt."

Ada gave him a short kiss with closed lips, not wanting to subject him to morning breath, before she pulled herself off the ground.

"Don't you have one of my sweatshirts?" Tom asked from below her as he struggled to get out from under his tangled, soaking wet blanket.

"I have a sweatshirt that used to be yours."

Tom freed himself from the blanket and stood, tossing his pillow back on the couch. "Can I have it?"

Ada shook her head. "No."

"No?"

"No," she repeated. She wasn't about to risk not getting it back. "It's my sweatshirt."