Chapter 7 Caketastrophy

Chapter 7:-

Caketrastrophy

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚

"Hello?" Josh's gruff voice spoke on the other side of the phone.

"What do you want?" I asked rather rudely, I could hear him clear his throat on the other side of the phone which he only did when he was nervous.

"Casey please, give the poor guy a chance" Josh said to me and I scowled at the phone.

"You know fine well why I can't Josh, I can't let anyone get hurt" I yelled at him, as the room door creaked open slightly and Colton walked in.

"Can't I get a little privacy?' I growled at Colton, but he ignored me and leaned against the wall.

"Why won't you leave?" I asked him raising an eyebrow, as I surveyed his reaction. He only shrugged and folded his arms around his chest.

"Casey your mate is willing to do anything for you. I know Colton would protect you with his life" Josh said and I sighed loudly, hoping Colton hadn't heard what Josh said.

"That's the thing, I don't want anyone to protect me with there life, I'm already in debt to my parents for doing it" I whisper yelled so Colton couldn't hear me.

He obviously could, because of his werewolf hearing, but I could see he was pretending to act oblivious to our conversation.

"Colton, why can't you leave for 5 minutes" I asked sweetly, but he shook his head.

"What ever you have to say, you can say it in front of me. I already don't like the fact, that your speaking to another man" he boomed, using his alpha tone.

Although I winced a little at the way he spoke to me, I played it cool and just scowled at him.

"He's basically my brother Colton, and he's found his mate, so nothing is going on between us" I said harshly as Colton sighed with exasperation.

"If he's your brother you wouldn't require privacy, you can say it while I hear it" he said giving me a loop sided smile and leaning against the wall.

I huffed out a breath, not knowing how to counter his argument.

"Whatever" I said rolling my eyes at him and tending back to the phone call.

"What were you sa-" I was cut off by the memory of the cakes still being in the oven.

"Oh shit!" I yelled into the phone as Josh's panicked voice replied with a

'What Happened?'

"I forgot to take the cakes out the oven" I yelled to him.

"But I've not done speaking to you" Josh muttered on the other side of the phone.

"I will call you back I promise, I just don't want Conner to get disappointed" I said.

"Who's Conner?" Josh asked skeptically, instead of answering I put the phone down and ran towards the kitchen to quickly take the cakes out of the oven.

Please don't be burnt.

I could hear Colton following at a steady pace behind me, his long strides were no match for my short ones.

I stood at a measly height of 5'3 almost 5'4 may I add. Whereas Colton towered in front of me at 6'2.

Why am I thinking about height, when there is a current caketrastrophy in my hands.

I began to rush into the kitchen and quickly put some oven mitts on my hands, dragging the cakes out the oven.