Chapter 8 Territory

Chapter 8:- Territory

Quote of the chapter:

Too often we feel like we don't know how to live. And too often someone will tell you how, without them even knowing how to live for themselves -r.m Drake

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚

Currently me and Lola were sitting in silence watching re-runs of Teen Wolf and Friends.

It was awkward to say the least.

She kept turning around and giving me this knowing look, as though me and Colton were together.

"Nothing was going on" I muttered under my breath, she only smiled when I said this.

"I didn't say anything was" she replied popping the popcorn into her mouth.

"It's the look your giving me, I'm not stupid" I replied grabbing a hand full of popcorn from the bowl.

"Never said your stupid" Lola responded, paying attention to the T.V again.

I just ignored her comment and began to watch the episode of Friends. It was the episode where Phoebe had changed her name, so her boyfriend changed his to crap bag.

I laughed animatedly at the episode, remembering how me, Josh and Ash loved watching Friends together. It was basically our show.

"So..." Lola said awkwardly, as I turned away from the episode to see her confused expression.

"What was going on in here?" she asked leaning forward from the couch.

It would be slightly awkward, explaining to her that her brother was forcing me to say I was 'his'.

"Nothing just your brother forcing me to say I was 'his'" I said putting emphasis on 'his'.

"He's an alpha, he's bound to be possessive, it's part of the alpha code" she said laughing lightly.

"Sooner or later he won't be able to hold himself away from you, as the weeks go on, his wolf is going to want you more and more" she explained as I rolled my eyes at her.

What she doesn't understand is, me being here is a major risk for their pack and I just can't risk innocent people's lives.

I lost my parents, I don't have it in me to get close to people and lose them too.

It was hard, because deep down I want Colton just as much as he wants me, but I have to hold back.

I just have to.

I can't be the cause of innocent women and children being murdered.

I just can't.

"Casey are you listening to me?" Lola asked waving her hand in front of my face.

Before I could respond to her question Colton walked back in with Daniel and Aaron flanked on his sides.

"Me and Conner are going to get ice cream and cake" Colton began to speak as I scowled at him.

"Do you want to come?" he asked his sister and she nodded standing up.

"Yeah, I will ask Kyle to come too" she said, slipping the bowl of popcorn on the table and jogging to the door.

"Kyle can't come" Colton instructed, as she stopped in her tracks.

"It's his duty to patrol right now, you can't pull him out of his responsibilities" Colton ordered using his alpha tone, I noticed Lola flinch a little as she nodded her head and left the room.