Chapter 14:- Hot & Flustered

Quote of the chapter:

and she always had a way with her brokenness. she would take her pieces and make them beautiful

~ r.m Drake 💎

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚

The next morning I woke up in mine and Colton's bed. He was obviously no where in sight, which made my heart sink.

I think I should apologise to him for running away. I mean I did hurt him and the guilt was killing me.

I couldn't even try and mind link with him because he hasn't marked me yet.

I pushed myself of the bed and decided to go downstairs in my pyjamas, to check if Colton was there.

I walked down the stair and plodded into the living room, feeling determined to make Colton talk to me.

"Luna" a voice said rather strained, I recognised it to be Daniels even though we both hadn't spoke much.

I turned around to face Daniel as he stood with a bowl of cereal in his hand and a can of coke in the other. What an odd combination.

"Do you need anything?" He asked, not meeting my gaze.

"Do you know where Colton is?" I asked rather timidly as he looked at the ground, making me feel rather conscious. Is there something on my face? Why isn't he looking at me?

That's when it hit me.

I was wearing short shorts as my pyjama bottoms and a small tank top which exposed some of my stomach. I could feel my face growing red as the embarrassment finally settled in.

How could I have not realised I was wearing this when I woke up. I was sure I wore pyjama bottoms before I went to bed.

I wanted to run away and hide in a corner as I began to stutter on my words.

That's when I felt my mates presence behind me, I turned to see him growling lightly at Daniel.

"Mine" I heard as Colton quickly grabbed my waist and glared daggers at poor Daniel.

"Daniel leave" Colton yelled his jaw tightly clenched as he stared directly at Daniel. His usual glowing blue eyes had gone a dark black colour, showing his wolf was about to come out.

He squeezed my waist as I glanced up at him, he was still staring straight ahead as Daniel fidgeted in front of us.

"Yes alpha" he said bowing before us then leaving through the front door.

I felt bad for getting poor Daniel into trouble for no reason. I mean it was me who was dressed this way, it's not like Daniel forced me in these clothes.

I turned to face Colton hoping he would say something to me, instead he let go of my waist and began to walk up the stairs.

Now was probably the best time to apologise to him.

"Colton wait" I called as he continued to walk up the stairs totally ignoring me. It was hurting me that he was still continuing to ignore me.

"Colton please listen to me" I said as he got to the top of the stairs and I followed after him.

He walked straight into our room, me following after him.

"Look Colton what I did was wrong and-" I was cut off, as Colton walked into the bathroom shutting the door behind him. This seemed like a repeat of yesterday, when Colton had basically slammed the door on my face.