🍎

"Skin as white as the snow,
Lips as red as a rose, 
Hair black as the night,
This is the beauty, Sage White."

🍎

When her best friend Ben - the future king of Auradon - told her about his idea on his first proclamation, she was ecstatic. 

  "Ben, that is one of the best things I've heard you come up with in a while!"

  "Hey now!"

  "Oh, don't be all offended! Have you decided on who you want to come over?"

  "Yes," Ben seem to drawl out slowly, they were hanging out at the best cafe the kingdom had nearby - in the corner so no one would be able to hear them. "I actually have. But you can't freak out."

  "No freaking out," Sage repeated, zipping her lips closed. 

  "So, I've decided that the son of Jafar, son of Cruella, daughter of Maleficent, and. . .daughter of Evil Queen."

True to her promise, Sage didn't freak out. If anything, her eyes sparkled brighter and her smile widened. "If you don't want Evil Queen's daughter to come, I can try to find-"

  "Oh, no!" Sage shook her head. "I think it's great! Since I'm your BGF, and you're going to around them a lot, I can get to know her daughter! It would help, a lot, if people saw the daughter of two different sides getting along, don't ya think?"

  "Why can't you be my adviser, Sage?" Ben sighed. "You'd be great at it, and we get along so well!"

  "Ben," Sage sighed, putting her chin on her palm as she stared out the window. "You know why."

And he did know why. 

Ever since Sage was a little girl, her life has been decided out for her. Her mother, Snow White, and her mothers' best friend, Cinderella, decided while she was barely five that she would be married to Cinderella's only son. 

Chad Charming. 

Sage didn't hold anything against Chad, if fact they got along pretty well for the most part. But one of the topic they don't get along with was the way he thought Sage should live her life. 

Chad thought that Ben's adviser should be a male - like him for example. He didn't want his future wife to be in any position higher than his own, no matter how many times Sage begged her parents and Chad to think about it. But it was always the same. 

  "Chad is to be your future husband, you have to follow what he says,"

  "I like you Sage, I really do, but I can't marry a woman that has a higher status than me. We both don't want to make our parents disappointed either, do we?"

And even though everyone knew the two of them were bond together for the future, Chad still liked to mess around. At least, while he can, he said.

  "Well, regardless," Ben tried to advert the conversation. "I want you to be there whenever I tell my parents about my first proclamation."

  "So, sleepover?!"

  "Yes, a sleepover." 

🍎

Sage White hummed her a little song under her breathe, sitting in one of the many chairs in the royal room. Her hands fiddled with the fabric in her hands as she expertly made it into a bow.  Ben was getting fitted for his coronation that was to happen soon by Lumiere, staring off into the distance.