🍏🍎🍎

Sage fiddled with her flute while she waited for her cue. A crowd was gathered in front of the gazebo where the student were about to do a small routine for everyone's parent. Of course, this was the moment Sage was going to do her solo. 

In front of hundreds of people. 

Including her mom and future mother-in-law. 

Gulp. 

But, Ben's pep talk from before eased her mind just a little bit. 

   "Don't worry about anyone or anything. Don't worry about whose going to judge you. You want to play the flute. I asked you to play for them. If Chad has a problem with it, he can take it up with me."

When the two sharp claps echoed from behind her - the signal - Sage proudly brought her flute up to her face and started to play Be Our Guest. Well, at least the first seventeen measures, one extra note, before she stepped to the side and watched as her class mates started to sing acapella. 

   "Ma chère Mademoiselle," Ben spoke over the beat. "It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. Now we invite you to relax. Let us pull up a chair as the dining room proudly presents your dinner!"

  ♫ Be our guest, be our guest, put our service to the test. Tie your napkin 'round you neck, chèrie, and we'll provide the rest! ♫

   ♫That's right!♫

   ♫ Soup du jour, Hot hors d'oeuvres. Why, we only live to serve! Try the gray stuff, it's delicious! Don't believe me? Ask the dishes.♫

   ♫Yeah! They can sing, sing, sing. They can dance, dance, dance. After all, miss, this is France.  And a dinner here is never, never second best. Come on! Unfold your menu. Go on, take a glance and then you'll♫

   ♫Alright!♫

   ♫Be our guest, be our guest, be our, guest. Yeah, yeah, come on! Be our, guest, guest. Yeah, yeah. We tell jokes!♫

   "Jokes!"

   ♫I do tricks!♫

   "Tricks!"

   ♫With my fellow candlesticks. And it's all in perfect taste that you can bet! Come on and lift your glass, you've won your own free pass! To be our guest!♫

   "If you're stressed, it's fine dining we suggest."

   ♫Be our guest, be our guest, be our guest! Yeah! Come on. Be our guest, be our guest, be our guest.♫

Sage cheered as the performance comes to an end. Ben, deciding to be the person he is, ran over to where she was trying to hide, dragged her in front of everyone and raised her hand. 

   "Oh my god, Ben!" Sage laughed nervously, waving at everyone who clapped for her. 

   "I wasn't going to let you stand in the background, you did amazing!" Ben praised, reaching towards a spectator and shaking her hand.  Sage dipped her head in greeting.

   "Thanks, but I'm fine with being in the background."

   "Of course you would be," Ben chuckled with a shake of his head. Spotting her mom, Sage waved by to Ben before prancing her way over to her mother. 

   "Mother!"

   "Oh! My sweet apple!" Sage's mother, Snow White, wrapped her daughter into a loving hug. Sage eagerly returned it. "You did wonderful up there! Of, all those practices are really paying off! I hope Chad loved it as much as I did."