Josh donaldson

A/n: hi! This is my first request for the very sweet Bravesgirl20 ❤️

:
:
:

I looked up from my current spot on the bleachers of the braves stadium, pausing briefly from reading my book while my eyes scanned the players, coming to rest on a certain number 20. Josh Donaldson.

I came to watch batting practice to try to spend time around my boyfriend, josh. Lately things have been, well, rough between us. He's distant, short answers, and short looks. Josh had even become lax with baseball. Which should definitely not happen. He just got called up a few months ago, josh is living his childhood dream. So why isn't he acting like it?

I have been really worried about him. I've tried talking to him about it, but he just brushed me off or says he's fine. I'd even talked to some of his teammates about his slump, and they were just as puzzled as I am.

I really love josh. Like a lot. And I don't want our relationship to crumble over something he won't even talk to me about.

Glancing out at him, I saw him taking his turn in the batting cage.

Strike one.

Strike two.

Strike three.

Josh had swung at things he wouldn't normally swing at. I could tell he was obviously upset. As the boys told him to take a breath and just try again, he just turned and walked away into the dugout.

Looking up, i made eye contact with Freddie. Jerking my head towards where josh had disappeared, I sent him a questioning glance.

He nodded in response and I hopped up, leaving my book in my seat, I headed down towards the dugout and tried to find josh.

Walking down the stairs into the clubhouse, I saw josh sitting in the couch with his head in his hands.

"Josh?"

He looked up at me.

"What are you doing in here y/n?"

"I'm worried about you, you've been acting off."

He gave me an annoyed glare.

"I told you I'm fine, but you won't drop it."

I sighed.

"Because your obviously not, why would you lie to me? We could at least talk about this."

He just huffed and got up from the couch, mumbling something about how he can't deal with this right now as he walked away.

I let my body drop into the couch. What could be so bad that he won't even talk to me?

As I sat pondering, a screen lit up beside me. Looking down I noticed that josh had left his phone.

I wouldn't normally snoop, but the words on his screen forced me to grab the phone and type in the memorized password, flipping onto his social media account, my blood boiled as I read on.

Why would any mlb team call up someone like Donaldson?

He couldn't hit a beach ball.

Josh Donaldson is complete trash and that's facts.

How could people say things like this? I didn't understand. Before I had time to confront josh about it, he walked back into the room.

Seeing his phone in my hands, he raised his eyebrows.

"What are you doing?"

I stood up, walking over to him, I lifted the phone in front of his face.

"You weren't going to tell me?"

Josh looked down.

"It's not your problem."

"I don't know why you would ever say that, we've been dating forever and you know we share each others problems. We never face it alone."

His eyes met mine, my heart clenched at the watery glaze in them.

Reaching out, I grasped his hand.

"It's not true. Not a single bit of it."

He shook his head,

"You've seen it yourself. I can't hit anything."

"It's because your letting them in your head honey, you should never believe a word of that."

He squeezed my hand, "I'm sorry." He whispered.

I smiled softly, tilting my head, "you have nothing to be sorry for, I just wish you had told me sooner, I'm always in your corner, you know that."

Josh tugged me into him, squeezing me tight to his chest.

"Thank you."

He breathed against my ear.

Pulling away, I looked up at him, "now go out there and show the world how wrong they are about you."

He sent me a grin and nodded, heading back out to the dugout.

Let's just say that that night at the game, josh Donaldson definitely silenced the haters.