Ronald Acuña

A/n: so I got a sudden burst of inspiration when I saw Ronald's jersey get presented for the all star game, so here it issss ;)

:::::::::::::::

"Hey liana, are you ready for the game tonight?"

I glanced up from what I was doing, and saw Freddie standing in front of me. I smiled

"Definitely! It feels so good to be back home and off the road."

Freddie nodded, but my eyes diverted to someone behind him.

Ronald had just walked down the steps and into the dugout, shaking out his hair, he looked up and made eye contact with me, sending me one of his lopsided smiles.

I grinned back shyly, but was pulled back to reality when I heard someone repeating my name.

"Liana? Liana? Are you listening?"

I quickly snapped out of it, turning my eyes away from Ron, and focusing on Freddie again, who's eyes clearly shined with amusement.

Well that's not embarrassing at all.

"Um sorry, just thinking about the game tonight, what were you saying?"

Freddie snorted.

"Uh huh, more like thinking about how Ronald is going to play tonight."

A few snickers sounded, and I glanced around to see that some of the team was hanging out around the dugout, not so secretly listening to our conversation. My eyes flicked over to Ronald again, watching for a moment as he rubbed his neck in embarrassment.

I looked down at my shoes, not really interested in anymore jeering from the guys. I know they were just joking, but I wasn't feeling like being rejected and making things awkward today, so I just mumbled and "excuse me" to Freddie and stepped around him, grabbing my folder, and flipping through my paperwork to prepare for the game tonight.

Being a bench coach for an MLB team was my dream job since I was a little girl. It was something I enjoyed so much, but it was a challenge. When I first came to the team, it was very hard to gain their respect.

Now, after working with them for a while, the whole team was like my family, of course some were closer than others, Ronald being one of them. He was my best friend. But things weren't really normal between us lately. Everyone knew something was going on, but they didn't know what. I didn't even know what to be honest.

My thoughts were interrupted, as I heard more snickering and mumbling fill the dugout.

Ronald was walking over to me sheepishly, the guys obviously goading his on.

"Hey."

I smiled, "hi."

Ron rolled his eyes and pointed back towards the guys, "there annoying"

I huffed, "tell me about it."

He ran a hand through his hair, and I raised my eyebrow, he seemed off, too serious.

"Are you okay?"

He nodded, "um yeah I was actually going to ask you something."

"Oh, ok?"

He paused, "so you know how tonight is the all star jersey presentation?"

I nodded, not understanding where he was going with it,

"Yeah what about it?"

"Well,  i was kinda wondering if you would care to present my jersey?"

My eyes widened, definitely wasn't expecting that question.

"I thought your brother was doing it for you?"

"He would have, but he didn't make it Into town intime."

"Oh."

Ronald looked at me, unsure of my answer.

"Aren't people going to think something's going on?"

He tilted his head and sent me a goofy grin,

"Something is going on right?"

"I uh, I, yeah i think so?"

Ronald laughed at my stuttering, and I smacked his chest slightly.

My breath hitched when he caught my hand against his chest, and squeezed it lightly.

"I'd be honored if you would stand out there with me Li."

My blue eyes seared into his brown as a small grin appeared on my lips, squeezing his hand back, i nodded.

"I'd absolutely love too Ron."

::::::::::

I was clutching the fabric of Ronald's jersey, standing out on the red carpet with the others waiting for their players to be called out. Freddie was making his way out to his wife and kids, and I could see Ronald leaning against the wall in the dugout waiting his turn, he sent me a smile of reassurance, which really didn't help the butterflies.

Here we go.

"Presenting Ronald's jersey is his girlfriend Liana walker."

My eyes instantly grew wider and I felt my face heat up. I'm not sure what I expected to be said, but it was definitely not girlfriend.

I saw the laughter in Ron's eyes as he made his way to me, pulling me into a hug, "hi girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes, and heard his breathy chuckle right beside my ear. I shivered lightly, and when he pulled away, he kept an arm wrapped around my waist for the pictures.

The moments seemed to fly by, and before I knew it, they were thanking everyone for coming and the players were escorting their families off the field.

Ron smiled at me, hugging me again quickly, "muchas gracias princess."

I laughed softly, "anytime Ron."

We walked back to the dugout together, and as soon as we walked down the steps, the guys popped up in front of us.

"So Ronnie has a girlfrienddd."

I rolled my eyes, "the announcer just thought I was his girlfriend because I was out there with his jersey."

I felt someone slip their hand into mine,

"Girlfriend doesn't sound that bad to me."

The chorus of cheers around us almost deafened me, "we knew it!" "Finally" "it's about time Ronnie did it."

I laughed, looking up at Ronald, i squeezed his hand, for the second time that night.

He sent me a smirk, "I'll have to get you a permanent jersey addition to your wardrobe."

"Nothing else I'd rather wear."