Ronald Acuna

WentzCamper thank you for this request and I hope you enjoy!

:::::::::::::

I huffed as the knocking on my door grew louder. Blinking the sleep out of my eyes, I glanced at the alarm clock beside my bed, glaring at the flashing green numbers that read 7:00 am.

Why on earth would someone be pounding on my door on my day off, at 7 in the morning?

Rolling out of bed, I tightened my robe and lumbered down the stairs and to my door.

"Gosh do you have to knock my door down?"

I squinted at the figure on my doorstep.

"Dansby?"

He laughed, glancing at my attire.

"Good morning to you, sleeping beauty."

I huffed

"Not sleeping anymore."

"Well, get dressed and come down to the field."

"Are you crazy? It's my day off."

"Well they need you for something."

I narrowed my eyes at dansby, slightly suspicious. If they needed me at work, surely they would have called me themselves right?  I am shadowing the current athletic trainer, and preparing to take the job full time, so I would assume my boss would call me, but, curiosity won the argument, and I told dansby to hang on a second while I got ready, and walked back upstairs to get dressed.

After I finished up getting ready, I went back downstairs, and decided to ride over to the ballpark with dansby, I usually left with my boyfriend, Ronald, after the practices were over.

Hopping out of the car, and heading inside the stadium, I stopped short when I noticed Ozzie standing in the hallway, as I walked up to him, he brought a rose out from behind his back and reached it out towards me.

"What are you doing with that?"

"It's for you."

"Me? Why?"

Ozzie shrugged, and I hesitantly took the rose from his hands. Turning to dansby to ask him what on earth was going on, my eyes widened in disbelief when I saw him holding a rose too.

"Okay what In the world are you guys doing?"

Dansby scratched his neck awkwardly, pushing the rose towards me, he quickly mumbled something about it being "staff appreciation day" before turning and racing away with Ozzie at his heals.

Glancing down at the flowers in my hand, I shook my head in confusion and continued my walk into the stadium. Every guy I passed had a rose, and not matter how hard I tried to get a explanation, all they would say is that it's staff appreciation day, and then run away.

Finally reaching the dugout, I laid my roses down on a bench, I looked up as my boss walked towards me.

"Sawyer, what are you doing here?"

"What? Dansby said you needed me today."

"No I-"

He trailed off, and I stared at him in confusion, until someone tapped me on the shoulder. Turning around, I saw Ronald holding a whole boquete of roses with a cheesy smile on his face.

"Ron what are you doing?"

He chuckled slightly, handing me the flowers,

"You didn't hear about staff appreciation day?"

I groaned,

"You've got to be kidding me."

Ronald just winked at me and jogged back to take batting practice.

Turning to my boss, he opened his mouth to say something before I could question him.

"Sawyer I do actually need you today, could you please monitor batting practice?"

"Uh yeah sure, no problem."

I was a little confused on why I had to come in on my day off to monitor batting practice, but I headed over and leaned against the rail in the dugout to watch the boys.

Everything seemed to be pretty routine and normal, the guys were in high spirits, and I laughed to myself as Ronald stepped into the cage with a playful bat flip. After taking a few swings, he yelled out to the pitcher,

"Hey throw me a heater."

I raised my eyebrows slightly, i knew he was messing around and trying to do a little extra, maybe a little more than he should.

The pitcher winded up and threw the heater, as requested, and I yelped when the pitch came to far inside and seemed to collide with Ronald who dropped his bat, and crouched on the ground holding his wrist. I was out of the dugout in a instant and running across the field, sliding down on the ground beside him, I gently pulled his wrist into my hands and frantically checked it over.

"Are you okay? Where exactly does it hurt? What were you thinking?"

My flow of questions were cut short as Ronald removed his wrist from my grip and repositioned himself on the ground in front of me.

"What?-"

"Sawyer, you have been my girlfriend since before this crazy journey of baseball even started, you have always loved and supported me no matter what, there's not a day I want to live that you're not by my side, would you do me the honor of marrying me?"

Tears filled my eyes, and my emotions ran very high as I jumped forward to hug Ron. Squeezing him tightly, he laughed as he fell backwards the rest of the way and ended up just laying on the ground, wrapped up in each other.

"So that is a yes right?"

I laughed, pulling back to look at him,

"That's so much more than a yes."

He smiled, leaning forward to kiss me softly,

Abruptly, pulled away to glance at him again.

"Wait so your not hurt right?"

"No baby I'm not hurt."

I smacked his shoulder lightly, for scaring me half to death.

Cheers erupted from around us, and I looked up and saw the guys all gathered around, scrambling up from the ground, I ducked out of the way as they all tackled Ronald.

Laughing as I watched the guys, I couldn't help but feel like the luckiest girl in the world, I definitely wouldn't be forgetting this day anytime soon.