✺6 ✺

1996
LosAngeles

"Hmm bun or no bun?"I ask Amara fixing my dreads.

"Put it in a classy bun" Amara said applying blush.

I applied some mascara pushing on my lips as I applied lip gloss

"Should I- should I wear my nose ring?" I asked her.

"Oh definitely, tryna show off for fuckshit I see" She said with a wink.

"Definitely not, fuck him,"

"Literally?"

"No not literally, uh fuck cmon we're gonna have to go now and sneak out my window," I said face palming.

"Is Kwas in bed?"

"Yea, I gave him his kiss and everything and locked the doors and windows so that nothing will happen, we have to be back by 11, my mom gets home at 11:30." I said putting the bed sheet out the window.

"I can crash at your place tonight?" Amara asked rubbing her arm.

"Of course, now lets go before they leave us," I said tying the sheet to my bed.

"Helloooo ladies" Ray said giving me and Amara a hug.

"You look amazing Ti" I heard a voice call out.

I turned to see stevie, the boy from earlier there with a beanie and some noticeably big pants.

"Hey stevie, I didn't expect you to be here, you coming to the party with us?" I asked him.

He shook his head excitedly.

I scrunched my eyebrows and pulled him close that I was whispering in his ear, "Listen, promise me you won't drink or do any drugs there. It can seriously fuck you up and I don't want you to get hurt" I said frowning.

He shook his head , but didn't look me in the eye in a way that I would know if he was serious or not.

"Where's fuck shit"Amara asked.