Chapter 16 - Silas

I just found another Academy fanfic that I loved, "Seizing Sang Sorenson (A Ghost Bird Story)" by EsaAnnie

XxXxXxXx

Since English is Silas' second language, there will be Greek words. As a bilingual person with English as a second language, I know that when I can't find words I simply use the french one (which is my first language). That's what I'm doing for Silas in order for it to be more him. I struggle writing his POV more than the others.

Silas

After the incident at the Diner with the Toma Team, we all headed back to Mr.B's place, I mean Owen's. We were all worried for ο άγγελός μου (my angel). If only Marc and Brandon hadn't scared agelle mou like the μαλάκες (assholes) they are, agelle mou would still be with us and safe. From what Marc said about their assignment, we have the right to be worried about Sang's health. 

Sean was already stressing, "What if Pookie goes in and gets hurt? There wouldn't a doctor to treat her."

Mr.B steps up to reassure his friend, "Sang knows how to take care of herself. My darling will always make it through without any physical damage."

Everyone noticed his intonation with physical. Killing people isn't something that one should take lightly and with her job, it is unavoidable. It's hard to imagine ο άγγελός μου killing people, she's too sweet for that. I can see that everyone has grown attached to the little ξανθό άγγελο (blonde angel).

Sang's not pretty, that word is too small. She is small but strong, and her bright eyes demand attention. Looking at her is like waking up. But she is Mr.B's bird, Owen as she says to call my brother. As a Greek, that shouldn't stop what I feel for the little bird, but as a brother, I can't do that. Everyone can see clear as day the λατρείας και αγάπης (adoration and love) in his eyes. None of us could take that from him.

"Σίλας, δίνεις προσοχή?" (Silas, are you paying attention?) My brother's voice calls me out from a daydream that I didn't know I was in.

I nod, "Τι έχασα?" (What did I miss?) 

North frowns in my direction, "Τι τρέχει? Συνήθως δίνετε προσοχή." (What's wrong? You usually pay attention.)

Before I can answer, Gabe interrupts us, "Oi you fuckers, stop talking about me!"

North growls, but the rest of our group breaks out in a comfortable laugh at the often used joke. I check the ρολόι (clock) in the kitchen and am surprised to see that an hour has already passed. I don't usually daydream that long, I don't usually daydream at all. That's more Luke's thing. It seems that whatever conversation that was happening is breaking up as everyone floats off to do their own thing. 

North turns to me and opens his mouth as if to say something when Mr.B's, Owen's phone goes off. That gets everyone's attention. The caller I.D. says that it is Marcus, he belongs to one of the older Academy Teams. I wonder why he would be calling Owen. I had hoped for just a second that it would be ο άγγελός μου calling, but she doesn't even have a phone.

Owen picks it up and puts the phone on speaker, "Astrology." 

Sang's voice comes over the phone, "Seriously, I'm not." We all stayed quiet, but inside we are jumping with joy. She's okay!

Mr.B seemed worried and asked a bunch of questions, "Darling? Are you alright? What happened? Whose phone are you calling from?" 

I don't understand his last question because it's Marcus' phone. He has the right to not make sense. His girlfriend was just where a raid was supposed to happen. If she were mine and Μακάρι να ήταν (I wish she was), I would not handle this as gracefully as my brother. But he has adapted throughout the years.