Chapter 19 - Sang

Here is another Academy fanfic recommendation: "Love Bites - A Ghost-Bird Fanfiction" by _hipster_peace_. It has thirteen chapters up and it's really good. 

I also started a harry potter fanfic if anyone wants to read that hot mess.

WARNING: PANIC ATTACK, NIGHT TERROR, RAPE

***

Sang

That was awful and awkward.

It had been decided as a group that instead of getting food at the hospital, we had to head back over to Sugar Lips' house. I was still in my "assassin" outfit that might scare some people. I personally don't see it, but if that's what the boys want, we can do that. 

I was in someone's car, but I don't who. My mind just wasn't really there. My mind is focusing on the shitty things that just love to keep happening to me. I mean who escapes from a violent mob and then just runs into the older brother of the leader's lover. My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying. Just when it seems like life is getting good, something comes along and ruins it.

What's next?

Will my deadbeat father show up? 

Or worse, will Karen's punisher show up?

"Sang, sang, sang, sang, sang!" a annoying voice is repeating.

I turn towards him, "What?"

Luke grins, "You weren't answering us."

I shrug, "Lost in my thoughts."

His grin becomes bigger, "I do that too!"

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, "Not like me."

My curt answers don't seem to tell him that I don't want to talk. I like Luke, but right now I am going through worse case scenarios in my head. My reaction to his positivity is like sun to a vampire. I don't want it right now.

Kota seems to pick up on that, "Leave her alone, Luke."

I give Kota a curt nod and go back to my thoughts. I am a paranoid human being and I know it. Whether or not it counts as paranoia since someone is out to get me, I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter. I always need back-up plans. I am under no illusion that I can stay in the US for long, maybe six months maximum before someone from the Albanians figure out I'm not dead. They're not that stupid.

Because of that, I need a way to get out of the country. I need a way to have quick access to a plane. I'm sure that Diellza will let me borrow her plane. I'll contact her when I get to Owen's. Now, I just need to buy a place abroad. I'll have to talk to Owen about all this.

Great, I didn't want to do that. Owen is adorable and a perfect boyfriend, but I'm not sure that he'll want to follow me across the world. I love him, but he has a family. It's not like me who can drop everything and leave at a moment's notice. I don't think he'll understand. I'll just talk to him later, a lot later.

"Sang?" another voice interrupts my thought.

Once more, I turn away from the window, "Yes?"

Kota tells me, "We're here."

I smile at him, "Thanks."

I take this time to see who is in this car. It was just Luke, North, Silas, Kota, Gabe and I. The others must have taken a second car. I wasn't really in the best state of mind to notice these things. It hit a little too close to home to have to explains things to the Toma Team and Mr. Buble. Those were memories I would have happily kept deep, deep in my mind, especially the ones following me disobeying orders for the Russian and his lover.