flushed cheeks

the day was nice and going smoothly, nothing out of the ordinary. they were simply enjoying their lunches as they conversed, about their lives, family, assignments, grades, anything. celeste listened idly to everyone, eyes darting between everyone as she heard different things.

luka, who sat next to her on the grass, watched her as she did so. he set smiled lightly as she did so because no matter how many times that he catches her, it was interesting to see her violet hues go from person to person, showing who she was listening to but no one knowing she was doing so but him.

suddenly, she turned to look at him and violet eyes met his teal ones.

she blinked, probably had not expected for him to be watching her as she watched others. her cheeks suddenly flush and she shoves his shoulders with force but definitely no malice or ill-intent behind it.

no real weight.

"don't look at me like that, ya weirdo," she grumbled, flicking her hair over her shoulder. he tilted his head, not sure what she meant.

"like what?" 

she spluttered, waving her hand to gesture to his face. when he still didn't seem to understand, smiling and shaking his head because celeste was acting funny, she huffed. 

her cheeks flushed with a rosy color and she fiddled with her fingers, "like i'm the only person present right now." and oh, isn't that a sight. luka clears his throat and turns to look at the grass instead, picking at the greenery. he glances at celeste before responding.

"what if i want to?"

her eyes widen and her entire face blooms a darker shade of pink than her bubblegum hair as she stumbles over her response of having to go to the bathroom and tripping over her feet as she scurried off the the restrooms.

he smiled giddily at the grass as he continued to pick at it.

that wasn't a no.

"pull yourself together!" she groaned, patting her cheeks after soaking her hands in cold water. she sighed at the cool feeling of her hands against the heat of her cheeks. she stared at her reflection, scowling at her flustered appearance, "blushing over a boy...what am i doing?"

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵