gentle hands

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"you know, i could have done this myself once i got home, right?" she drawled as she watched luka disinfect and patch up her injuries. despite her words, she made no move to stop him as he treated her, hands gentle in handling her.

luka did his best not apply too much pressure to the wounds, unable to avoid with some but overall did a good job.

"i figured you'd want to get out of the sudden spotlight," he murmured, "and demand more answers."

"oh," celeste scoffed, "demand? and how are ya gonna do that, huh?" she leaned back on her free arm and had an amused smile on her lips. luka grimaced because it no longer gave the same effect it usually did with the split lip and bruises.

"take off your hoodie and shirt," he said as he finished with her arms. celeste spluttered, her face flushed red at his words. it didn't seem to dawn on him what he just said until he saw her blushing furiously when he faltered, cheeks flushing as well. "...or lift it, so that i can clean the ones under..."

"yeah, okay..." she did as told, lifting her hoodie only, not having a shirt under from her rush this morning. luka continued to do his work and wished the nurse was here to do a better job but was sure that celeste wouldn't have allowed her anywhere near her or even come to the nurse if it wasn't for him. "wasn't lying when i ran into old friends, well, not friends. they were more like my followers, my underlings. they tried to show me how much better they were without me runnin' the streets, fuckin' idjits fought me in a group like cowards. there's a reason why i at the top."

"what were you the top of?" he hummed, taping another gauze onto a cut on her side. celeste didn't respond, her eyes distant as she remembered the memories from before and the things she used to do.

telling luka would open a lot of doors that were being held shut tightly, but she felt like he wouldn't treat her differently because of that.

it was who he was.

"remember when i told you that i wasn't always this way? that i was a punk?"

"through and through?" he recalled, throwing her words back at her.

"i wasn't just a regular punk, i was a delinquent. leader of my very own gang. i didn't just run the streets...i owned them."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵