old habits

warnings: language, harassment?, sexism

celeste tried not to give away any irritation to the people that surrounded her. she knew their type, she was them months ago, showing negative reaction will warrant her physical harassment. 

right now, she was trying to keep the verbal assault to a minimum, but unfortunately...

"ya know, it's been 'lot crazier since ya left," the arm that was swung over her shoulders and holding her in a headlock belonged to the one person who seems to be the only one with the bravery (or stupidity) to do so. 

"nicolas," celeste tried to smile but it only turned into a grimace as she removed his arm from her person, "good seeing you guys but i am already really late." once again she tried to move around him but he only stepped in her way, a crazed glint shone in his eyes.

"now, now, short stalk," he tutted, leaning into her space, causing her to falter back. "i'm tryin' ta catch up with 'cha and ya just gonna shove me off just like that? i guess ya really did leave your throne for the takin'...i snatched that seat right up the moment you left."

"you don't deserve that position," celeste immediately snapped back, cursing herself for responding as she did. but... "you aren't smart enough, not to mention that you're incredibly unreliable."

the group that had followed his lead broke into broken whispers and snickers, and that's when she saw her way out. it would take a little to distract them, but she could do it.

nicolas flushed red, spluttered defenses for himself, "you wouldn't know, celeste, you've been gone for months! I almost didn't recognize ya, with your hair down and wearing nice clothes." he yanked on her hair, causing her to hiss.

"don't fucking touch me."

"or what? ya finally gonna act like the woman ya should be and listen to a man?"

the moment those words left his lips, celeste's eyes clouded. the other females in the group shouted protests of nicolas' mindset on them, and he tried to placate them, saying that he was only saying to to her to get a rise out of her.

and a rise did he get.

"tellin' me..." she growled, "to 'act like the woman i should be and listen to a man'?" she dropped her bag, phone clattering to the ground. "you don't tell me how ta fuckin' act. 'listen to a man' he says, i don't see any man. and no man, male, woman, female or person is gonna tell me what to fucking do."

nicolas eyes widened before he straightened up, confidence coming from his numbers and the lack of hers, "well that's a darn shame, celeste. guys, get her."

there was a sign of hesitation, but like he said, they followed his word now. 

celeste breathed again before she decided on what she would do.

breathe in.

breathe out.

to hell with it, they made her late-late.

"yer all gonna see why people listened ta me, ya buncha asswipes."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵