you keep make me fall

"You're the only mine," you said, smiling so wide that your eyes crinkled into crescents. The corner of your lips curved up, making you looked like a sweet litte kitten.

I fell in a complete silence. Your eyes did that sparkly thing again against mine, as if I was the only thing you saw in this world while I knew I was just a speck in your galaxy.

You just made everything worse, didn't you know that?

Because I knew it. I knew what was gonna come out of my mouth. The truth that settled down but never failed to send the uneasy feeling in my gut every time I took in reality. "Yeah." Locking my gaze on you, I answered. "But are you mine, too?"

Another silence took over. God, this was so pathetic. Your smile faltered and you stepped back. You started averting your eyes.

So I laughed. I laughed as if your actions was something funny even though I could feel my eyes brimming with tears.

Get a grip, you coward! I couldn't help but mentally scolded myself.

"Don't be sorry, please," I laughed again. "I know the answer--your answer. You will never allow yourself to be mine. Not even once. So it's okay. If you say I'm yours but you're not mine, then let it be. I guess it's okay--I'm okay."