Chapter Thirty-Five

A/N: Above is the Friendsgiving seating chart for anyone who wants the visual 😄

****************

To absolutely no one's surprise, Percy was the first to arrive. That boy was early or on time for everything.

"Hello, Alexa!" he said brightly, waving and walking over hand-in-hand with Penelope. "Where should we sit?"

"Right over here Perce! Food'll be up in a couple minutes. Good to see you Penelope." She smiled as they each took seats at the nearest end of the table. I made the seating chart as part of my planning; I wanted people to sit with their friends, but also to mix with people from other houses and make new friends.

Plus, this way I could make sure Fred and George were nowhere near Percy.

The twins went with Angelina, Alicia, and Lee to go bring the food up. Cedric stayed to help me greet people, and unsurprisingly, a group of his Hufflepuff friends were the next to arrive. Not far behind were Cassidy and her two friends Lillie and Calvin. I seated the three of them while Cedric took care of his house. The rest of the Ravenclaws and Gryffindors weren't far behind, and within about ten minutes we had everybody but the people on food duty and my new Slytherin friends.

"Do you think they bailed?" I whispered to Cedric. We were still standing by the entrance to the courtyard, waiting for food and Adrian and Myrah.

"I don't know... from everything you told me it sounded like they would come. Maybe they're just running a bit late," he said, trying to reassure me.

I wasn't so sure. Adrian, Myrah, and I had a great time in History of Magic, but maybe they decided this dinner was just too much with too many people who might spend the whole night being assholes to them. I couldn't blame them if they made that assumption; my house was especially guilty of trash talking Slytherin day and night. True, some of them deserved it, but still. It wasn't fair to the good people in the house.

"Should I go see if I can find them in the Great Hall?" I asked uncertainly. "Maybe if I talk to them..."

"Talk to who?" I looked up to see Adrian and Myrah coming down the corridor in our direction. I grinned.

"I was gonna say you guys. I was getting worried you weren't coming."

"Nah, we're here. Gotta represent Slytherin house, right?" said Adrian, coming to stop in front of me and Cedirc. He gave Cedric a nod. "Diggory."

Cedric gave the pair a smile. "Good to see you Adrian, Myrah."

"So where are we sitting?" asked Myrah.

"You're over here with us," said Cedric, turning towards the table. "I'll show you where. Alexa, do you want to wait for the food?"

"Yup, sounds like a plan. I'll be over in a minute." Cedric smiled, and the three of them walked past me to the far end of the table. Everyone was here now, so hopefully food would only be another minute or two.

It wasn't long until I saw a literal feast for thirty people levitating down the corridor towards me. My friends had come through, and now we were ready to go.

"Nice timing guys!" I called as my friends came into view. "The last couple people just showed up. Lee, can you, Angelina, and Alicia get all this stuff on the table? I just want to talk to Fred and George really quickly."

"Sure thing Lex!" Lee led the way to putting the food on the table, and I pulled the twins aside.

"What's up Alexa?" asked George.

"Okay, I put you guys on the opposite end of the table from Percy. You won't even have to look at him if you don't want to," I started.

"Phew. Thanks, Lex," said Fred.