Chapter Forty-Four

Mulan was a good movie to start with.

It was a classic princess movie with a lot of humor, and as far as I could tell everybody in the room loved it.

After Mulan, we watched the Incredibles. Everyone loved that one too, and I could tell they thought I was going to start the sequel as the last movie of the night.

Not quite.

Since everyone in the muggle world had to wait like, twelve years for a sequel, I decided to give the rest of my house a similar experience. If nothing else it would help them bond.

When the opening scenes of Lion King (our last movie for the night) began, Oliver hopped up and made me pause it. To my delight, he was really getting into this whole movie marathon thing.

"Alexa! Someone just told me there's a second Incredibles movie. Why aren't we watching it?"

"Ah, right, well you see, we actually had to wait forever for that movie to come out after the first one. So Incredibles Two will be the last movie of the marathon, viewed Sunday night." Everyone in the room groaned, but I just grinned and waved my hand at Oliver. "Let me start the movie now, would you?"

He glared at me for a second, but I just shrugged. Finally he gave in and sat back down, and I relaxed into the last movie of the night.

So far, this was going exactly how I'd hoped.

****************

The next morning, I woke up just before it was time to go down to breakfast and hung the list of upcoming movies:

           SATURDAY

1. The Little Mermaid
2. Mary Poppins
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. The Sound of Music
5. Tangled
6. Lilo & Stitch
7. Frozen
8. Cars
9. The Princess and the Frog
10. Up

          SUNDAY

1. Ratatouille
2. Moana
3. Monsters Inc.
4. Monsters University
5. Aladdin
6. Despicable Me
7. Big Hero 6
8. The Emperor's New Groove
9. Incredibles 2 :)

To my surprise, the first people to show up (literally seconds after I hung the list) were Percy and Oliver.

"Good morning, Alexa," said Percy, smiling brightly as he came over to inspect the list. He nodded thoughtfully, but I was confident that every single title was virtually meaningless to him. Finally, he turned back to me. "I just wanted to congratulate you on a wonderful idea. This movie marathon has really brought the house together, and those movies last night were excellent. I can't wait to see what you have in store today."

"Thanks Perce," I said, smiling. Before i could say anything else, however, Oliver was shoving Percy out of the way.

"Percy, you can talk to her without standing in the way of the list," he said, staring at it almost as intensely as some of his Quidditch plays. I fought the urge to laugh and lost when I saw the outrage on Percy's face.

"We can talk later Percy," I said, putting a consoling hand on his shoulder and suppressing a smile. "I'll see you at breakfast?"

"Hmpf. I suppose so." Percy straightened his robes and marched out of the Common Room, clearly not over it. I couldn't even begin to imagine how he'd shared a room with Oliver for seven years and neither of them had killed the other.