Chapter 31

Myra

I woke myself with a groan. The chains were still wrapped tightly around my body, and even with the morning sun coming in from the window beside my head, my wolf growled impatiently.

It still wanted to be free, but even with my Shade's sound asleep, the wolf had no reason to take control.

Dragoon sat beside me, her unbreakable chains prevented any movement. I wasn't going anywhere and neither was my wolf. Although Dragoon was asleep, I knew I still could not escape.

The car was still in motion, but when I looked at the driver I found Camelia driving instead of Akiya.

"W-What the hell!?" I yelped, waking Dragoon beside me. "Why are you driving?! You've never been to the human world in your life!"

"Relax Myra. I'm using Akiya's thoughts and memories." Camelia explained. "I know what I'm doing."

I looked to the passenger's side finding Akiya sound asleep.

"What happened to her?" I asked.

"She tried to pull an all nighter. I woke up when she nearly swerved into one of those large ones with the rectangular boxes on the back." Camelia growled. "I ordered her to pull over and switch with me. She had the same reaction you did. But I told her what all the buttons and levers did and she looked rather impressed before she passed out."

"Do you know where you're going?" I asked.

"I am looking to her thoughts for that too. We should be there in a few hours." Camelia nodded to herself. "How are you feeling?"

"My wolf could relax a bit more." I sighed.

"Your wolf will calm down much more when Alexis wakes." Dragoon said. "I will leave the chains on until then."

"I wasn't going to let you take them off." I looked to her. "I'm just as scared of myself as you guys are."

"I'm aware of that. I'm not going to take any chances though." Dragoon nodded.

I nodded back to her, and turned my gaze back to the window. The scenery was a blur to me. I didn't care about the human's world. I wanted nothing more than to be back home with my parents.

That world might not even exist when we get there. Exodious could have attacked the castle.

No. Rose wouldn't stand for it. Elysium wouldn't stand for it.

I glanced at Dragoon who was now looking out the window on her side. She should still be able to talk to Elysium right? Wouldn't Elysium summon us back to Exodious if they really wanted us to protect it?

It didn't seem right. Perhaps they can't do anything in this world. Perhaps they're so focused on Exodious they didn't even notice we left.

No. Dragoon said she's still part of Elysium. They would have sensed that she was moved.

Yes and no. Came Bella's answer. I had almost forgot she was with me.

Enlighten me if you would. I told her.

Elysium knows we are here, and it wants to help us. But Exodious is firing on Elysium with every chance it gets, which is preventing it from interfering directly. Elysium wants to help us, but there's nothing it can do while being bombarded with magic and energy. It will help how it can, but there's nothing else it can do. Bella explained.

I see. I sighed.

Akiya woke with a start. "What's wrong Akiya?" Camelia asked.

Akiya leaned forward, her eyes widened. My eyes widened too when I picked up the thoughts of the thing that I was sure Akiya sensed.