[48] A leap of Fate

MARTINS MANOR

"Do you think I can really do this?" Drei asked Ionna wearily, unsure of himself, of everything really...but he knew what he had to do... it'll be the first time for him to stand up against the tyranny of the father who ruined his life.

He wasn't able to stand up against him for his own mother, but maybe now...maybe now that he's older, maybe now that he's fighting for something that still can be saved, and maybe now that he's not alone anymore.

Tumango lang si Ionna as she placed her hand on her older brother's shoulder.

"WE Kuya, we can do this" she assured him, Ionna knew the danger of what they will have to do, but they were willing to lose everything, for a life much worth living.

Drei exhaled. It was time to make things right, to take a bigger step, heck! Maybe even a bigger step than his own life! But that was exactly it...

A leap of fate.

That was what they all needed, the courage to antagonize the oppression they all suffered under the hands of their own father, his game which imprisoned their dreams, the chains and shackles that the name of Martins symbolized.

"Shouldn't we wait for Aston?" Drei inquired ngunit umiling si Ionna.

"If he appeared here now, it will mean that all have been lost in his life too" saad nito, Drei bit his lower lip. He had perhaps been the worst brother for Aston, but now that a new light has dawned on his life, he will never allow his younger siblings to walk the same path as he had.

That's why older siblings came first. To protect the little ones who faced the world after them.

All is not too late.

But just then...

"The young master has arrived." The butler announced, automatikong napalingon si Ionna at Drei sa may bukana ng pintuan.

And there he was.

Volt Aston Martins.

Shock registered at Drei's eyes as he thoroughly looked at Aston.

"K-Kuya..." Ionna was speechless as she looked at her dear brother. His eyes were empty and barren. Tears pooled at Ionna's eyes upon seeing him.

Lalo na ng mabagal na naglakad lang ito, passing by them like they were air with that broken look in his face.

Pinigilan ito ni Ionna "Kuya what happened?" tanong nito pero nagyuko lang si Aston.

"It's over" he said in an almost whisper. "Dad finally won. Lena and I are over"

Shock was an understatement for both Ionna and Drei.