[49] Changing Fates

49. CHANGING FATES

"What do you plan to do now? Aalis ka nalang nanaman na hindi nagpapaalam sa kanila?" Hellene asked, as Corvette wore his blazer.

"I'm bored at this game Hel" he replied

"Bored? Or perhaps you revealed too much of your real self? And got involved too deep?" she asked but he just shrugged

"Dunno, maybe yes, maybe no. Well you know me, maybe." he grinned as he picked up his watch "Besides, I still have more important things to do you know"

She knew...he was still broken inside. And no matter what everyone did, nothing could ever mend him.

"Yeah" she replied quietly. Corvette smiled at Hellene, he was glad that she stopped trying...no one could ever save him. And staying here would only mean that he'll ruin everything again, like he always did.

And now that he found someone he didn't want to ruin...he'll have to get away from her, for both their sakes.

Besides...maybe it was time that he fixed himself now...to face the past he should've long forgotten. But failed to do so everytime, miserably.

"Yeah...hey...how do you dethrone an emperor?" he grinned

"Why all of a sudden?"

"You have to be something greater" he replied.

Corvette picked up his duffel bag and opened the door. Saktong paglabas niya ay nakita niya si Reino.

"Aalis ka? Ng hindi man lang nagpapaalam? Sa amin? O kahit kay Rain man lang?" anito, pero ngumiti lang si Corvette. They should forget about him. Everyone should.

"Yeah...why? Will she cry?" he asked in a mocking tone. Bahagyang nagulat si Reino sa pinakita ni Corvette, ibang iba ito sa Corvette na kilala niya.

"Ano'ng ibig mong sabihin?" he asked in a dangerous tone but Corvette just grinned and shrugged

"Everything's so taxing right now, so this is the perfect moment for me to disappear" he replied coolly, Reino gnashed his teeth as he grabbed Corvette by the collar. Who was this man?! He wasn't Corvette!

"Ano'ng sinasabi mo?! Aalis ka nalang basta? Hindi mo man lang ba inisip kung ano'ng mararamdaman niya?" he roared, but Corvette's cold hands tore his hands away from his collar, as a blank expression faced him.

"And I care because?"

Hindi makapaniwala si Reino sa naririnig, he couldn't believe that this person was his wife's bestfriend. Maybe something about the accident caused him to be like that...maybe he just needed to knock some sense into him. Kumuyom ang kamay niya, but his fist only landed on Corvette's palm.