Chapter 4

Please be reminded that this story is a work of fiction.  All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author's imagination, or have been used fictitiously. 

Riyasan, Al-Farhinah is a fictional place/country. Let's accept that they have the softest desert sand and steep hills not passable by any motor vehicle. Let's respect Omar's judgement that using camel is the best way, okay? And lastly, Omar knew better not to travel in a very hot weather. Who would ever want to die in heat stroke?

Let's all enjoy the story and inspire me to keep me going.

Special thanks to Leslie Enacmal @her_alibi for the help and suggestions. 

Chapter 4

London's POV

*Al-Farhinah Desert*

"You're eating too little, your royal highness. We still have about three more hours to go." Omar looked worried when I put down half of the Kuboos bread.

Despite telling Omar not to address me formally, he often forgot.

"Thank you, but I'm already full Omar." I answered, touching my tummy. 

I was used eating less already. That day that Cameron called me a blond elephant, I was so hurt. I was overwhelmed with insecurities of my appearance. Since that day, I became very conscious and started eating less. 

I also felt betrayed by my new set of friends. I thought Maddie, Colleen and Josie were genuine. They just want to make me feel miserable.

I missed Claire, my best friend in grade school. She was a good listener, compassionate and understanding. A real friend. 

But our friendship drifted as we grew older. A lot of reasons why it happened. She became very distant when her mother died... her new stepmother prohibited her from seeing her friends... and our interest changed.  She enjoyed indoor activities like reading, singing and playing the guitar. While I was more outside. Shopping and being fashionable, travelling and doing boys' stuff like games and adventures.

My mind went back to the present when Omar's voice rose. 

"There are people coming. Cover your face." 

He gathered the food containers abruptly and returned it inside the bag. 

I did what he instructed insantly. I looked at the approaching three men wearing all black and riding camels. They had load of stuff with them. 

"This is a bad time travelling, coming across these men." 

"Who are they?" My heart pounded hearing the worried tone of Omar's voice. 

"They are desert bandits. The palace security warned me about them but I haven't encountered them in my one year of travelling. This is the first time, and too bad... you're with me."

"What are we going to do?" I asked him calmly though inside, I was overwhelmed with fear.

"I'll talk to them and you can keep yourself busy by fixing this pop up tent. Be mindful of your action your royal highness, don't talk and pretend to be a man."

"Of course, Omar. I'll do my best."

Omar and I got out of the tent when the men stopped in front of us. Following his instruction, I started folding the pop up tent. 

"Where are you heading?" The man that looked like a huge bear with single black eyepatch asked. He must be the leader of the group since he was authoritative and ordered the others to stop. 

"East." Omar answered. My goodness, he was telling the truth! We were heading East.

The man laughed and said. "Nice try. You're heading west." Raising his two fingers he signalled the two men behind him to dismount and scanned the stuff loaded in our camels.

I was alarmed. I was worried that they would take the food and water we brought. How could we survive travelling for hours? And there was my bag that contained my travel documents and personal belongings.

"No... no... no..." Omar protested blocking the two men to go near our camels. "Leave the camels alone. I have money here... I'll give you money." 

Omar was desperate. I would like to help him by confronting the men but the situation could get worse if they would know that I was a woman.

One of the men took the money and gave it to their leader.

"This is not enough!" The bandit leader complained and ordered his men. "Take all their stuff."

The agitation was back on Omar's face. "Please don't do that. You can take half of it and this pop up tent. This is brand new, durable and made in Germany. You can't find anything like this here in our country."

"Nah---" The leader ignored Omar and shouted. "Take everything!"

"But we can't take all their stuff. Our camels are loaded already." One of the bandits complained to their leader.

That gave us hope. They could spare us some food and water. 

I pushed the tent towards them so they could take it with them while discreetly looking at my bag at the back of the camel I was riding. Once they'd find my passport and things inside the bag, they would know that I was a woman. That could threaten my safety here in the desert.

"Then take the camels. Stupid!" The bandit leader ordered.

"No!" Omar shouted and the two men became aggressive holding the leashes of the camels. "Okay-okay, take everything except the camels. We can't survive walking in the desert." 

"Then die my friend. Don't forget to kiss Satan for me." The leader laughed and signalled the two men to hurry up. 

My fear was gone and replaced with intense anger. I could never let these evil men just leave and take all the stuff including my bag. No way!

I took one of my Gucci Ace leather sneaker and throw it really hard directly at the head of the camel I was riding earlier. The camel yelped loudly and ran away from us dragging one of the men holding the leash. Shortly he let go of the leash and came back running towards me. He was aiming to kill me.

"Omar, run!" I shouted and run as fast as I could. 

Omar did what I've said and brave enough to get my shoe that landed at the foot of the bandit leader's horse. 

"Don't waste your time on that two idiots. Let's go! We have to hurry up to catch the others." I heard the leader instructed.

After about twenty minutes of running, we felt safe already. I dropped on the soft sand feeling so tired and thirsty. Omar knelt beside me and gave me my shoe. 

"Thank you." I said gasping.

Omar laughed aloud. "You're so brave you're royal highness. That was a good shot! You also run so fast, it was hard to catch up on you."

I forced myself to smile. "I enjoy running... and that was a lucky shot."

"I'm sorry for this terrible experience. We are very unfortunate that we travel today. I swear this is the first time that ever happened and I was really scared of your safety. If something bad happened to you, Izzy will kill me."

I did not want to contradict his statement because I was not sure if Izzy really cared about me.

"Let's go?" I asked him after I put on my shoe.

"Of course. It's going to be a long walk."

After ten minutes of walking, we saw the camel I was riding earlier lying on the sand like waiting for us. My heart leaped with joy instantly. I ran to the camel and hugged him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry... forgive me, my poor baby." I kissed his head and petted him gently.

**Don't forget to vote, comment and share**