Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Izzy's POV

The west wing was my personal area of the palace. No one would come there except for visitors or the servants who would clean the area at a scheduled time or summoned to prepare food, move a furniture, bring clothes or anything. In other words, my area was off limits to anyone.

My father, whom I just spent the whole afternoon, would not visit me in my wing. If he wanted to see me, he would send a servant for me to go to his wing.

I had dinner in my wing and invited my cousins Omar and Khalil, and my two good friends who were palace officials. It was my first very delicious dinner after a year in the desert. All my favorites were served.

After dinner, we were drinking a sparkling non-alcoholic champagne made of apple juice and frizzly mineral water while talking about what happened in the palace during my absence, the future projects of our country and other nonsense topics.

I missed hanging out with the boys but at that moment, I wished I was with London. I missed her more. Our meaningful conversations which were awesome before we would spend the night together in my hotel. It was every morning afterwards that I loathed, when she would wake up very early and leave me.

London and I were supposed to have a romantic candlelight dinner, but we had a heated argument during lunch. Too bad, I was anticipating a dip in the pool with her when I went to have lunch with her.

Everything messed up when I offered her a bargain - marriage to give a name to her son.

It would be a win-win situation for me. It would relieve me from always thinking of her. Wondering where she was, who she was with and when we would be together again.

She always kept me at bay and refused my offer to be in a real relationship. A marriage would solve my dilemma of wanting to be with her always.

I have strong feeling for her and intensifying every time we were together. But her being so distant and refused to talk about feelings made me crazy.

I was very patient, following the pace she wanted and tried not to pressure her. I did not realize that she had some hang ups about the past. I was so stupid when I was younger when I had a crush on Claire and created a wrong impression on London now. What the hell, it was a long time ago and I was an arrogant silly immature boy at that time. It's different now.

"You want to save me through marriage to give a name to my son? I don't need saving Izzy and marriage from you! I just want you to accept Vincent as your son. If you only allow yourself to have a DNA test then that would erase your doubt."

"I told you I'm infertile. You can't force me to go into a laboratory and have a DNA test when I know what would be the result already. People talk, you can't help it, even if they'd swear the secrecy or you pay them a huge amount of money. Worse things could happen. Being in the tabloids all over the world again. I could not afford the humiliation that would bring to me and my family. Everyone would laugh at us, that the future king of the Al-Farhinah Kingdom is infertile."

"That will never happen. I promise you, you are capable of having a child. Besides, there's nothing to worry. I know someone that we can trust. You don't even have to go to a laboratory. Dr. Chan would never tell anyone. He's been our family doctor for years."

"I said no." I brushed off the idea and that made her more upset.

"You know what? You're nothing but a coward, selfish and close minded person. You're scared of what people would say about you. Why would you let them affect you? You should be strong. If you won't do it for yourself then do it for an innocent child."