Chapter 11

Afaaf Zaryaab Khan

Afaaf Zaryaab Khan

I felt betrayed.

Even worse.

Defeated.

I found myself lost at the moment, by the hands of my own life. A shallow feeling consuming all of me. As if everything was ending and nothing would be left.

The back of my eyes burned but I refused to cry this time. My wrists were clasped again and the rope was again tied. The helplessness consuming me again.

I was restless.

Impatient.

Zaryaab knew I was here. This information had my stomach churning and I wanted nothing more than to die. In the moment, I wished for nothing but death.

I didn't want to return home. Nor did I wanted to go back to Murad and neither did I wanted to be with Zaryaab. Betrayal was everything it seemed.

It was 27 hours of me being here, held hostage for Allah knows what.

I felt hollow.

Maybe I was getting punished for my wrong doings- I thought.

I sliced the fresh apples and placed them in a plate.

Walking down the stairs I found myself turning in the now familiar hallways. The veranda was as always filled with Chaudhry Sahib's relatives as an intensive conversation carried between the head of the family and older men.

Frowning, the turned towards the door that lead to the garden. Stepping down the slope I found Zaryaab talking on a phone call angrily.

My curious self stopped by the tall pillars as my narrowed eyes followed him pacing up and down the garden.

As if sensing my gaze on him, he turned around. His green eyes looking up at me. A slow smile fell across his features making me reciprocate it.