Chapter Eight: Sadie

And then came the final killer, stepping out of the shadows, dragging someone with them. This killer wasn't wearing a mask. She didn't have to. I'd been suspecting her all along.

"Alice," I said. "Well, that was easy."

She smiled. "Hey, Sadie." She held up the person that she'd been dragging by the collar. "Want your boyfriend back?"

Jax was in Alice's grasp. He was barely conscious. His face was pale. I was relieved to see that the bullet had hit him in the side. However, I was not relieved to see that there was blood all over his stomach. He looked like hell.

I glanced over to Marley. I was shocked to see that she wasn't deterred over Rain's death. There wasn't a hint of sadness, or surprise on her face. There was a glossy look in her eyes, and a confused stare on her face.

"Celia?" she whispered.

"I'm sorry," said Alice evenly, and raised her gun. Her finger closed around the trigger. I flinched when the bullet streaked past my cheek, leaving a graze. I didn't dare look behind me when I heard a faint gasp and someone collapse to the ground.

"Why are you doing this?" My voice broke, and I realized that I wouldn't make it out of here alive.

Alice laughed dryly. "The only reason why I've let you live this long is because, I've got to admit, Sadie, I respect you. You've done a good job surviving so far, and for that, I think you can be the Final Girl. You even managed to kill Maria, and that woman was dead set on killing you. I guess you were just lucky she found Melanie first." She used her gun to gesture to the dead Marley behind me. "So, kudos to you."

"Thank you," I said, my voice trembling with anticipation and fury.

"But, nonetheless, you still haven't figured it out yet." Alice gently placed her gun on her lips. Her eyes filled with fire and ice. "Who am I, Sadie?"

"A fifteen year-old girl who happens to be a psycho murdering bitch that talks too much," I answered in one breath.

Alice frowned. "What?"

I gave her an incredulous look. "You are."

Alice shrugged. "Fair enough."

"You're also Celia," I deduced. "I'm not sure who Celia is. But because Tori said she's doing this for her sister, I'm guessing that you're the sister. And she is Jasmine Lake."

Alice nodded. "Close enough."

I sighed. "Aw, dammit! I thought I'd get it right on the first try."

"I'm offended, though." Alice walked closer, pulling Jax along. She dropped him on the ground, and a part of me worried for his safety, but I was too focused on Alice to acknowledge that. "Jasmine Lake is a bitch. Don't you ever refer to me as her sister."

I blinked. "Okay."

Alice smiled. "Thanks. Now, drop that bow, please."

My grip tightened around the bow.

Alice pushed her gun against Jax's head. "This gun can fire faster than you can let that arrow fly. I'd strongly suggest you drop it before I blow his brains out."

Rule Two, survival of the fittest, I thought. But my brain was screaming at me to drop the bow.

I shook my head and decided to go with fake it until you make it. "No. You can do whatever you want with Jax. You think I'm going to risk my safety for his?"

Alice nodded. "Smart choice. You can keep your bow. It's not like you'll have much to do with it anyway."

"What are you doing?" I muttered.