Chapter Nine: Sadie

"That's not possible," I said, my voice shaking. "That isn't true."

"Yes, it is." Alice laughed darkly. "You want me to tell you? Fair enough, considering you're about to die."

"Yes please," I said weakly.

"When I went with my family to the police station to meet with my sister, I saw your family there too. You were with them. You were beyond hysterical. You wouldn't shut up." Alice sighed.

"That wasn't me," I protested.

Alice nodded. "Yes, it was. Let me finish. You were so scarred by your sister's death that you couldn't function properly anymore. So your family decided to wipe your mind. You went into therapy for months - I saw you every single time I went to the mental hospital. I read your medical files and found out that you were the sister of the person I despised the most. Your middle name was changed to Jasmine in order to honour her. I found out that your treatment was for forgetting your sister, so you wouldn't have to carry around that emotional burden. And from then, I hated you. I hated how you got to waltz around, receiving everyone's sympathy, while it should have been me. If you deserved months of expensive treatment and everyone fawning over you, giving you their sympathy and presents, I deserved years. But I didn't get any of it at all." Her eyes shone with madness and anger at the world as she shook her head. "Even the homeless man on the street knew to avoid me because I was a psycho killer's sister."

My mind was overloaded with shock, but I managed to focus enough to notice Jax slowly moving on the ground. I kept my eyes on Alice's face, desperately searching for a hint of any emotion that she was joking. But I didn't find it. She was completely serious.

"That wasn't my fault," I forced out with gritted teeth.

Alice chuckled. "Sadie, I don't care whose fault it was." She stepped closer, and held her gun to my forehead. "You're taking the blame for it all."

I moved quickly and grabbed Alice's wrists, forcing her gun up as she fired. The bullet streaked across my cheek and left a deep gash. Suddenly, Jax's hand shot out and grabbed Alice's ankle, and she yelled in surprise. Immediately, I gripped Alice's hand and pulled the gun out of her fingers. Alice pulled a knife out of the waistband of her jeans, and stabbed down on my shoulder, before I quickly twisted away. Pain shot up through my arm and I cried out in pain.

"I win," breathed Alice.

"No way in hell," I gasped. Using the last of my strength, I elbowed Alice in the stomach and violently pushed her back. She tumbled over Jax's body as I picked up the gun on the ground and cocked it.

"You talk too much."

"You copied that from Marvel," Jax mumbled deliriously on the ground.

I ignored him and kept my gaze trained on Alice. My fear had been washed away, replaced with an extremely high rush of adrenaline, momentarily numbing the pain in my arm. My pulse quickened.

"Sadie, you-" started Alice, but before she could finish, I emptied the whole round of bullets into her head. She fell sideways onto the ground, her mouth wide open with shock and her eyes glazed over. The knife slipped out of her hands. She'd gotten lucky. I'd given her a quick end.

"Die, bitch," I said weakly, and threw the empty gun at her head with full force. My attention turned to the wound in my shoulder. Luckily, it hadn't gone in deep, but there was still a massive torrent of blood where my skin should have been.

I turned around and walked over to Jax. His eyes were barely open, and the gun wound in his stomach wasn't getting any better. "You okay?"

"What does it look like, genius?" he murmured. I rolled my eyes, and grabbed his collar, yanking him up.