Johnny Storm

Fantastic 5 | The Storm is Rising | Johnny Storm

June stayed beside her older brother, standing side by side with Ben; they were on the large structure that held the transport that would take them up to the Von Doom space station. Each of them had on a regulation construction hat, a safety measure for when you're outside.

Ben, Reed and June held a pair of binoculars over their eyes as they watched the familiar figure of Johnny Storm riding towards them in a motorcycle – Johnny was leaning over the opened window car, kissing the girl in the driver's seat. June swallowed her tears at the sight, her heart cracking ever so slightly. Susan had warned her last night when they had a chat over the phone that Johnny had been selected to be one of the ship pilots – it gave June a chance to get her emotions in control before she actually saw the man who broke her heart – shattered it into a million pieces when he left her.

Ben's teeth gritted with frustration when he saw the sight of Johnny, he hated the guy – almost as much as Von Doom himself. "I can't do it," He shook his head, not knowing if he could stop himself from punching the kid in the face when they get into the same room together. "I cannot do it."

"External SRV's," Reed began to explain, thinking Ben was talking about flying the ship they were going in. Ben was able to be the Co-Pilot, "Orbital system's engines, it's just like the shuttle you flew." He told Ben, not seeing his own sister's heartbroken face as she stared towards the incoming Johnny Storm.

"No," He snapped back with a punch in his voice – that wasn't what he was talking about. He already knew about all that ... he just didn't want to put up this playboy hothead, "I cannot take orders from the underwear model." His voice filled with a pinch of aggravation.

Reed sighed, "Come on now, Ben." Johnny wasn't that bad...

Ben narrowed his eyes towards his best friend, wondering how that mind of his works, "That wingnut got washed out of NASA for sneaking two Victoria Secret wannabe's into a flight simulator." That idiot deserved to be cut out from NASA ... but not them!

June's breath caught in her throat before Ben even finished his sentence – that's another two girls added to the list since they broke up ... and the girl he was kissing down there – that made three. God knows how many more girls there were.

Reed chuckled slightly, but it was forced, because now he could see where Ben was coming from, "Youthful high spirits." He tried to counteract but it was useless, even he knew that.

Ben raised an eyebrow, giving him a dumb look, "They crashed it into a wall," He exclaimed with high volume, making it sound like what happened in the flight simulator was the most impossible thing to accomplish, "A flight simulator." He turned to June for some help in his argument, "J, help me out, here." He begged.

June looked up and towards them when she heard Ben call her name, "Huh?" She hasn't even been paying attention, especially after they started to mention the other girls in cahoots with Johnny.

"Woah, J," Ben murmured in surprise and slightly widened eyes, seeing the few tears trailing down her cheeks. His eyebrows furrowed in concern, "You alright, Squirt." Reed turned to his sister the moment he noted the concern in his best friend's voice – he too, was shocked to see the evident water trails falling on her face.

June sniffed deeply once and quickly wiped off the tears from her face, she must have been so deep into her mind that she never even realised the tears overflowing. She cleared her stuffy throat, "Um, yeah. Ben's right – and if it I had known HE was coming, I probably would have stayed at the Baxter Building and forgot all about this." And with that said, she walked away, ignoring her brother's call of concern.