Von Doom Space Station = Doom

Fantastic 5 | The Storm is Rising | Von Doom Space Station = Doom

Once the shuttle had attached itself to the 'Von Doom Space Station', June couldn't have been gladder. Johnny had been right when he said it was better than an actual plane ride, and it was also lucky that she had taken a couple of sickness tablets before actually getting onto the space machine. She didn't feel queasy like she would've done without them. Obviously, the specialists at Victor's company had to make sure that they were okay for her system – right before her body was to go through the process of leaving Earth's atmosphere.

June stepped onto the actual part of the Station with her brother, taking in a deep breath as she realised that her body was still slightly shaking from the ride. "ETA until the cosmic event: 9 hours." Reed told everyone as he walked in with June beside him - checking to make sure she was ok. There weren't many people who did know about her fright and sickness towards flying, neither of their parents had the problem, nor did Reed so it was just something that she had to grow up with, rather than it being genetic.

Johnny turned to Ben with a mocking grin, "If you're good, maybe next time daddy'll let you drive." He teased the big guy as he and Ben carried in all the equipment that was needed for later. Victor went ahead of all of them to get to the Commanding Station first ... basically, what he always did to exert power between a group.

"You keep talking and there won't be a next time." Ben mumbled under his breath, still pissed at him for a number of things.

While Reed stopped at the wall-size window, June stopped as well but further up the hallway. She looked down at the Earth and it was such a breathtaking sight to see. "Amazing isn't it?" She heard Johnny behind her, using his soft voice she used to love.

Seeing the Earth from Victor's station was indeed a beautiful sight - rather than having to see it on the internet or on a digital schematic.

June didn't turn around but she nodded anyway, "Yeah ... it really is." Then, without saying anything else to him, she turned around and followed Sue and her brother towards the centre of the Space Station – the place where everyone was supposed to meet up.

...

Everyone made it to the centre of the Space Station and put down the needed equipment, inquiring to know where the stuff would actually need to go before they took it any further. "We can monitor the cloud's approach and observe the tests from here." Susan spoke as she entered the room, holding her own silver case to carry.

Ben looked around a little skeptical but hoped to be reassured, "Is it safe?" He questioned, beginning to take off his jumpsuit that had been on top of the blue suit everyone was given.

June came up beside her brother and Ben, "According to both our calculations and observations, the shields should protect us from the full blast of the cloud." She told him, gesturing to herself and Reed as she assured. June began looking around the room as well – ignoring Johnny curious, yet impressed gaze when she spoke highly of her work.

Ben raised an eyebrow at her, "Should?" He repeated a word he really didn't like.

Victor headed over to the side, taking a step towards them, "What's the matter, Ben?" He taunted, liking the way he was always able to rile Ben up, "Getting paranoid in your old age?"

Reed interrupted before either Ben or Victor said something they would regret (or not), "Let's start by loading those samples. Get your suit ready Ben." He told his best friend, before directing his attention over to his sister, "Can you help him, June?"

Ben turned around while June rolled her eyes, ready to go with her brother's best friend anyway, "So, I see you're still doing the heavy lifting Ben. And you June, I see you're still following your brother's orders ... without question." Ben and June paused the moment the man started directing his speech towards them - both had to clench their fists. It was hard to get June's emotions hyped up like this – and Victor Von Doom won second place in those ranks – with Johnny being first, winning the award for being the biggest douche and heartbreaker on the planet.