Intervention

Fantastic 5 | The Storm is Rising | Intervention

Johnny huffed with annoyance, looking down at the broken pieces of the prototype toy a couple of geeks had made for him. Ben had literally smashed it to smithereens, right into the wall with a clenched fist. He had just come out on the elevator – seeing Ben as the guy walked towards the stairway, heading back up to the apartment.

Without a word spoken – Ben disappeared up the stairway and completely ignored him again.

Poor thing ... what did 'The Thing' ever do to him?

Johnny had been feeling moody all day; since the moment June had starting shouting at him earlier - saying all those things in front of everyone. He honestly had no idea what he was doing with his life anymore no matter how odd he acted. He loved June, no doubt about it. For the last couple of weeks, he hasn't really been the same and it was all his fault that their relationship ended the way it did ... and how it was now.

How was he supposed to react when June was gonna go to college? One that was many miles away from him, how were they supposed to keep a regular relationship going? He knew long-distance relationships never really survive and something bad always happens. So he figured ... why not save the future heartbreak and deal with it then? But now, every fibre of his being was telling him to go back to her ... to beg, plead and even cry for her to take him back.

He missed her so much that his heart always longed in her absence.

He missed waking up in the mornings with her snuggled under his arm - her head against his chest. He missed her AMAZING cooking, especially her bolognaise pasta dinners. He missed her silky brown hair and the days that they'd sit and tell each other about their days.

On the day he realised she would be coming back into his life, it felt like he was being given another shot. But, he knew June would never take him back, not after everything he's done to her. So, he made sure he couldn't be hurt again by her loss - by playing the hothead guy who seeks attention from everyone wherever he goes.

"Johnny?" Sue's familiar voice jolted him from the inner musings of his terrible and love-less life, "Have you seen Ben?"

Johnny turned to her with a snort, "Yeah, he left – broke my toy too." He shook his head, beginning to ignore her as he headed towards the front of the building. Sue had just come out of the next elevator, having seen him standing there with a hole in the wall next to him. "See ya, sister. I have somewhere to be." 'Sulking at the river side by myself', He thought glumly. "Besides, there's the real world to get back to."

Sue stared towards his retreating body in disbelief, "You're calling that the real world?" Referring to all the screaming fans, all those people wanting to know everything about their lives. That's not normal – that's insanity!

Johnny stopped, twisting back to her with an exasperated look, "Look, Sue – just stop." He told her, feeling his annoyance slowly rising. He just wanted to leave and be alone with his heartbreaking thoughts. "You're NOT mom and I'm not a little boy who you can boss around."

His sister gritted her teeth in agitation, "Well, maybe if you stop acting like one and grow up ... then, I would!" Finding the best chance to get an intervention in that might actually flood towards that tiny little brain of his. "Do you even hear yourself? Or even take a good look at the person you're becoming?" She slowly walked towards him, "Who do you think you are?" Bombarding him with question after question. This wasn't the little brother she knew a long time ago – what happened to him?

Johnny finally snapped, "Why is everyone on my ass?!" He shouted, feeling like everyone was actually starting to gang up on him. He knew deep down it's a deserved measure for some of the things he has done – but right now, he really didn't want to hear it. "If you guys are jealous then that's fine - but I didn't expect it to come from you."

"You really think those people out there care about you?!" Sue knew they didn't, they were vultures and they liked the Fantastic Five – the superheroes that saved peoples lives with their amazing powers. She decided to take this opportunity for another approach, "And what about June, huh?" Her eyes narrowing, "When are you going to get your HEAD out of your ASS before you can see that girl still loves you!" By this time, the both of them were shouting.

Johnny scoffed under his breath, not willing to believe it – he's hurt her too much to even try. He was sure that no matter how much he begged, she still wouldn't take him back – on the outside, he's accepted the conclusion. But within ... he really hadn't and he didn't want to. "Doesn't matter anyway, it's too late – I've done too much to hurt her ... I'm no good for her!"

Sue shook her head at him – that wasn't the truth at all. She knew for a fact that June still loved Johnny but was trying her hardest not to show it. "Then, why don't you do something good for her this time?" She suggested, her tone become softer but it still held a tint of anger towards him and how stupid he's been lately, "Show her that she means something to you - that you still want her."

Johnny denied his sisters advice - he knew he was no good for June. That was proved the moment he walked out the door the first time – he's coward hiding behind a cocky playboy facade. "I'm no good for her, Sue – she deserves someone better than me." And with that, he turned on his heels before walking out of the front entrance doors of the Baxter building.

Sue watched his burst out of the building sadly, shaking her head.

Johnny still had A LOT to learn.

Before I forget: An appreciation notice goes out to one of my readers – honestly can't remember who suggested this – I've looked between all the reviews and my inbox and I found nothing. I know I didn't imagine it – but this was you who gave me the idea for June's superhero name to be {Aqua} Then I am personally thanking you.