Texas Urban Legends

Every state in America has its own set of myths and urban legends, and Texas is no different. Texas urban legends are some of the creepiest in the United States, and they might make you think twice before planning a visit.

Texan urban legends are very diverse, ranging from a deranged headless horseman, to a baby with fangs powerful enough to rip out your throat, to children with pitch-black eyes that wander the night. Whatever horror you can imagine, you'll likely be able to find it in Texas. Check out the list below for some of the scariest stories from one of America's biggest states and vote up the creepy urban legends from Texas that scare you the most.

 Check out the list below for some of the scariest stories from one of America's biggest states and vote up the creepy urban legends from Texas that scare you the most

Black-Eyed Children

Children are creepy in any context, so any urban legend including black-eyed children is bound to turn some heads. In the late 90s, a journalist named Brian Bethel was working in his town of Abilene, Texas, when he encountered something that he'll remember until the day he dies.

He was parked outside a movie theater when two children knocked on his window. For reasons he couldn't understand, he was completely gripped with fear. He rolled down the window and the kids asked for a ride back to their house so they could get cash for the movie. His fear made him hesitate, but the kids were persistent. They kept saying weird things, like how they weren't armed or anything.

Once Bethel looked back at the kids, he was terrified to see that their eyes had turned pitch black. They started screaming at him that they could only come in the car if he invited them in, and he quickly drove away. As a journalist, he spread the word, and was surprised when other people wrote back saying they had experienced something similar.

 As a journalist, he spread the word, and was surprised when other people wrote back saying they had experienced something similar

Ghostly Nurse of Bexar County Hospital

If legend is to be believed, you don't want to go to the Bexar County Hospital. There, a murderous spirit wandered the halls, killing patients in order of their room number. It started in one ward in the hospital, where patients kept asking about a particular nurse. The staff checked the security cameras and found the patients were seemingly speaking to no one. Then the patients started dying in their room number order.