two

billie

"aaaand tooooouchdown," finneas commentates from next to me as our plane lands.

"you're such a kid," i comment.

"hey, i'm mad hyped for this tour. you can't blame me." he shrugs.

"little kidddd."

"hey, you're the one who fuckin bounced around the house for hours after you got the news we'll be touring with the vision," he argues.

finn's got me there;
i was very excited, to say the least. the neighbors were not appreciative.

"well are you excited to work with them?" i ask him, changing the subject, and he nods eagerly.

"they're incredible artists, honestly. the chemistry they have onstage together is insane. we might even get to write with them on this tour, think how cool that'd be."

both of us find it so strange that we're big enough in the industry to now work with other artists like them. we never thought anything like this would've even been possible this time a few years ago, and now we're touring the world with one of the most globally famous bands of all time, as globally famous artists.

how did that even happen?

"bil, finn, time to go," mom says from behind us. me and finneas exchange excited looks as we both stand up eagerly.

"let's do this!" finneas cheers as we exit the plane.

✦ ✦ ✦

the beauty of the royal albert hall blows me away every time, to be honest.

my mom and dad stay behind to talk with the vision's manager, while me and finn head off to find the band members themselves.

"it's been nearly a year since we last played here," says finneas in awe as we step into the main hall.

five distinct figures are sat around on the stage, at the far end of the hall. they all turn to watch us walking up the aisle towards them.

"hey, it's eilish," a guy in a beanie cheers, who i recognize to be tyler.

"and o'connell," adds the girl with an afro, ashley.

the vision made it big globally just shortly before i did. our music styles are, to an extent, similar; it makes sense to tour with them.

"when's the first show kick off?" ashley asks, running a hand through her thick hair.

"tonight, here, i believe," says sam.

"we've never done a full world tour before," aria says excitedly. "we did europe, with dua, but nothing like this. i can't wait."

aria.

i turn to look at her; sat down on the floor with ashley's legs sprawled on top of hers.

i stare at her in awe for a moment, watching as her full lips move, noticing how her shiny dark hair catches the light whenever she moves, listening to her cute english accent as she talks. admiring the way she holds herself without even thinking about it, the way her hands move animatedly to express her emotion while she talks.

after a couple of moments, finn subtly nudges me and i'm jerked out of my trance.

aria is beautiful.

"we'd better go find mike," shay sighs.

"i bet he's run off somewhere," ashley giggles.

the five british bandmates head off together, leaving me and finn stood alone in the middle of the stage.

"you good there, bil?" he asks, his eyebrows furrowing together a little.

"mhm," i nod vacantly, staring after aria. "it's just, i'm pretty sure i just met the girl i wanna marry."