nine

two young identical girls, of maybe nine or ten, sit in a bathtub together, their skin coated in soap studs.

"hey, look what i can do," says one girl, climbing up onto the side of the bath.

"aria you shouldn't do that," says the second girl worriedly.

"it's a tightrope!" says the first girl excitedly, ignoring her sister completely as she begins to walk across the narrow strip of the side of the bath with her arms out either side of her. "look-"

"no, you might-"

"ouch," yells the first girl as she slips, landing awkwardly and splitting her chin open on the side of the bath.

"end up needing stitches," the second girl sighs. "mum!"

✦ ✦ ✦

billie

a couple of weeks pass.

finneas and i mould in perfectly with the members of the vision; even in the two months or so we've spent together, i feel insanely close to them. i guess tour life really does bring people together.

we're coming towards the last couple shows of the europe leg of the tour; we have a week's break, and then we're off to north america for the second leg of the tour.

tonight's show ended a couple of hours ago, and now the vision, finneas and i are all crowded into the upstairs lounge area of the tour bus. finn is strumming on his guitar, laughing, and all of us are singing along stupidly.

"reaching out... touching me... touching youuu," i yell. aria, sat next to me, reaches out to touch me dramatically on the shoulder as she yells the lyrics which makes me laugh even harder.

"sweet caroline," we all bellow. "good times never seemed-"

"so good," screams tyler over all of us, making aria jump adorably into my lap.

we all (barely) finish the song between laughter. mike, the vision's manager, who's sat with marcus over by the kitchen area, cheers and claps playfully.

then all of us disperse into broken chatter. me and finn sit and listen to ashley, aria and shay talk about their childhood in the town they grew up in, the two of us occasionally interjecting with something about our own upbringing.

"what's that scar on your chin, aria?" i ask curiously, spotting a long and thin white line running across the length of her lower chin. i've never noticed that before.

ashley exchanges a slightly concerned look with aria that i don't quite understand.

aria wrinkles her nose at ashley before shrugging towards me in response. "got it when i was... nine, i think? me and my, uh, sister were playing in the bath and i slipped." she words the second sentence more slowly, more carefully.

"oh, really? funny you say that... finn tried to drown me in a bath last summer," i reply, glancing over at my brother.

"no i did not!" he replies indignantly. "how many times, dude- you fell into that stupid outside bath and i tried to help you out of it-"

"-you pushed me down, man," i tease.

"billie, i fell in on top of you."

i annoy him for a few more minutes, until mike calls that everyone's going to get tacos and we all run outside excitedly.

~~~

a/n: this is just a filler, i'm jus tryna build up characters but i do actually have a plot i swear lmao