four

December 5, 2017

The bar was a little too crowded for my liking, but it was nice to get out with some of the guys and Steph to just have a good time.

The Christmas lights added a nice touch to the atmosphere and made the open floor plan of the place seem a little more cozy.

Auston was already drunk, more so on the good buzz side than absolutely slammered, and it made him more clingy than usual. Which was fine by me.

My cheeks blazed as we walked up to the bar. He leaned into my side with an arm casually slung around me, his hair mused a little from fussing with it before we left.

He looked pretty content.

Mitch and Steph had grabbed us a table, but they were kind of wrapped around each other at the moment and I wasn't willing to stick around for the action.

Willy and Kappy disappeared, but I think that was to be expected.

Which is why I was dragging Auston up to the bar for another drink.

"What are we drinking this time?" He grinned lazily, leaning close to my face as his hand tightened around my waist and pulled me in closer to him.

I savored the feeling, leaning into his touch before I playfully put a hand on his chest and pushed him back a bit. "You mean what am I getting to drink, not you."

"You're no fun." He pouted, "I'll just sip on yours."

"I can take that." I laughed pulling his frown into a smile by dragging the corners up. "You've already had 2 tall boys, and a shot of who knows what. I think sipping on mine is your best bet buddy." I rested my palms flat against his cheeks as he beamed, the alcohol in his system making him extra smiley tonight.

Quit being cute damn it.

He grabbed my wrists and peeled himself from my side, bringing my hands down and grabbing his card out of his wallet. "I have to go to the bathroom, please don't get a vodka cranberry it's too sour. Not good."

I laughed at his pestering. "What if I want a vodka cranberry?"

He already started in the direction of the men's room, calling out over the loud music of the bar, "Don't worry! You don't!!"

I laughed, turning around and pushing my way up to the front of the bar. Luckily for Auston I wanted a spicy margarita.

I called for the bartender to come over after he was done ringing up the last guy, but I wasn't expecting him to be so cute. He couldn't have been but a few years older than me and was the definition of tall, dark and handsome.

"What can I get for ya tonight?" He licked his lips as he smiled, eyes gliding over my figure and I blushed.

"Spicy Margarita please."

"One Spicy Marg coming right up." He he got a cup out to start making my drink, slowly looking back at me, "That guy your boyfriend?"

"What?" I was a little taken aback, I wasn't expecting him to be so blunt.

"Was that guy your boyfriend? You guys looked pretty cozy." He raised a brow.

"Uh no. Just my best friend." I wrapped my arms around myself as he finished my drink, ringing up my tab. I handed him Austons card, feeling confused, "Why do you ask?"

He frowned, his gaze going behind me, "You sure about that?"

"Sure about what?" Austons voice was gravely as he wrapped his arms around me from behind, surely giving the hot bartender a protective glare. Butterflies went alight in my stomach at his touch.