eight

September 18, 2018

"Aus?!" She yelled from her room. "Are you almost ready?"

I had been ready for 20 minutes and was sitting on our couch waiting for her to finish up. "Yeah I'm ready now!" I rolled up my sleeve to get a better look at my watch, "are you almost ready? It would look really bad if my plus one made us late." I snicker as I heard her heels clack, the light to the hallway going off simultaneously.

I got up from the sofa as she entered, and boy, was I going to have to keep an eye on her tonight. She looked stunning. The light pink dress cinched her curves in all the right places, and her hair was in waves. She was like something out of a dream. She didn't bat an eye as she went to the kitchen looking for the keys. I came up behind her and dangled them in her face, and before she could snatch them I pulled them away. She reached for them again but I held them behind my head, and suddenly she was all too close to my face. I glanced down at her lips, wanting to kiss them badly but then I quickly diverted back up to her eyes. "You look stunning (Y/N)."

I could feel her breath hitch against my own lips and the minty flavor of her gum hit my nose before she smiled genuinely, her signature smile where her lips tilted a little crooked at the corners, and it made my heart flutter.

"Thanks Aus, you don't look too bad yourself."
She stepped away and we did a once over of our apartment, making sure we didn't forget anything. I grinned and opened our front door for her, watching her walk as she went. I locked the door and we went down the hall towards the elevator, "just out of curiosity," she toyed with a strand of her hair, eyes flicking up to me through long lashes, "how much did your suit cost?" She was smirking at me and I couldn't resist really. "Wanna bet on it?" The elevator dinged for us to get on and she rolled her eyes, "do I even have a choice?"

"No use fighting at this point babydoll." I flashed her my signature smirk as the floor indicator ticked down.

"Does that really work on girls?" She played.

"Apparently not on you." I laughed but deep down I kinda hoped it did.

"It's because I know you better than you know you." She stated matter of factly. She did though. That was the scary part. We hit the first level and strolled out, before she added thoughtfully, "did you want it to work on me?"
I felt my cheeks flame, and was thankful she was walking slightly ahead of me, "uhh," I faltered before gaining my confidence back, "depends on if you wanted it too."

She stopped for a split second, giving me a chance to catch up before she continued walking, this time leaning into me a little bit, "maybe."

My heart jumped at that, "Still wanna make that bet?" I opened the car door for her. She thanked me and I hopped in the drivers side.

"Am I betting high or low." She gave me side eye as she buckled her seat belt and we were off.

"What do you think?" I grinned. There's no way she gets this. "Do you know your suits? What brand am I even wearing?" I smiled.

I could feel her eyes on me as mine were on the road, and she reached over and ran her finger down the lapel of it, feeling the fabric. I tried to concentrate on the road but she was leaned over the console examining the details of my suit, looking for anything that would give away the designer or price. I needed to think fast, I could tell this would be a long night already and it hadn't really even begun.