3

Haechan woke up to an alarm clock. Ugh college. "Why does he even want to go?" Haechan whispered and got out of the comfortable blankets. He saw all the small stuffed animals Donghyuck has on his bed; he knows they give Donghyuck comfort. Haechan's comfort is food. At that moment his stomach growled. He grabbed some clothing and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

He entered the kitchen and saw Johnny leaning against the counter drinking some coffee. Haechan went to the fridge and grabbed the milk and then to the cabinet for cereal but he didn't see any left. "Johnny where's the fucking cereal?" He asked and Johnny raised a brow.
"You're here" he said slowly.
"Donghyuck is taking a break, you know how he gets" Haechan shrugged and put the milk away and grabbed some yogurt instead. He grabbed a spoon. He felt Johnny's eyes on him. "Why are you staring at me John" he said and took a spoonful of the yogurt in his mouth and turned so he was leaning against the counter parallel to Johnny's counter.
"You didn't come out that often" Johnny said carefully. Haechan looked up at him and swallowed the yogurt.
"He moved to a new town, was put in a public place where he was forced to meet new people, he had to go to a restaurant without you because he felt he needed to grow up, and he got hurt a couple of days ago. So tell me Johnny, would you want to leave the comfortable place you had, where you felt safe and secure?" Haechan threw the half-empty yogurt cup away. "I'll walk" he said grabbing he sweatshirt and throwing it on.
"Haechan come on, I didn't mean it like that" Johnny said putting his empty coffee cup in the sink. When Haechan shoved his phone in his pocket and went towards the door Johnny quickly followed and ran to get Donghyuck's backpack.

They were sitting silently in the jeep. Haechan could feel himself shaking from anger. "Haechan talk to me" Johnny said.
"You don't get it" he said gritting his teeth.
"You're right, so tell me" Johnny turned on his turn signal. Haechan sighed and readjusted his hat.
"I'm trying to protect him. He can't go through this alone" he said. "I know you love us but Johnny he can't just go in blind, you—you fucking know that" he rubbed his eyes getting frustrated.
"It's good you know I love you both, my little brothers. You always will be" Johnny took a deep breath. Haechan turned to him shocked, he's never talked like this before "I'll be a better brother, I promise. I'll take care of you both" Johnny pulled into the parking lot. Haechan smiled and then covered it with a smirk.
"If Donghyuck were here he'd cry" Haechan said and Johnny laughed. They got out of the jeep and walked towards the school. Another main difference is the way Haechan and Donghyuck walk. Haechan walks with confidence while Donghyuck tries to make himself small. They walked inside and immediately saw the group just chatting by some lockers. Johnny waved as did Haechan and they walked over.
"Oh" Taeil said.
"What?" Johnny asked and Haechan raised a brow.
"I know we only just met but you changed your style Donghyuckie" Taeil said softly. Haechan looked at him and shrugged. He then looked at his own. Red shirt, leather jacket, black jeans. He should've dressed like Donghyuck.
"I like to try other things" he said.
"Looks cool little man" Yuta said and patted his shoulder and Harchan smiled.
"Thanks hyung."

First period is calculus, Haechan sucks at calc. Donghyuck is good at it though. He was just doodling in Donghyuck's notebook while the lesson continued. Sure he wants Donghyuck to pass but he never understood the need to go to college. He droned out but soon felt something tap his shoulder. He turned and flicked the pencil off it his shoulder and out of Jeno's hand. Some people looked over and the professor paused and then went back. Haechan raised a brow. Jeno looked confused but leaned in as Mark picked up the pencil for him since it landed on his side. "Do you understand any of this?" Jeno whispered. Haechan shook his head.
"No" he said back.
"But Johnny said you're good at math?" Mark said coming back up and handing the pencil back to Jeno. Haechan shrugged not wanting to talk any longer knowing they'll get nowhere. They didn't talk to him for the rest of class.