6

When Johnny came back from work he seemed even more frustrated than earlier. His hair a mess probably from running his fingers through it so many times. His sleeves of his dress shirt rolled up and his tie loose. Donghyuck had cooked him dinner to make up for earlier. Johnny set his keys down on the countertop and threw his blazer on the couch and plopped down. "I made dinner" Donghyuck said.
"I don't feel like eating" Johnny sighed and rested his head back on his couch with his eyes closed.
"But you have to, you can't skip meals. You've always said that to me" Donghyuck said and took a step forward but not yet in the living room.
"I'm really tired Donghyuck, I'll eat in the morning" Johnny said and rubbed his temples. Donghyuck frowned and bit his lip. He can take care of his Johnny like he's cared for him.
"But-" he started to say but then Johnny sprung up from the couch and faced Donghyuck.
"Goddammit Donghyuck!" He shouted. He had a scowl on his face, brows frowned in aggravation. Donghyuck felt his blood run cold, felt fear run up his spine. His lip trembled and his eyes became teary.
"I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he started whispering and Johnny's face turned into panicked instantly as he quickly walked over and went to hug Donghyuck but the younger flinched and tumbled back and fell down to the floor curling into himself. Images—no, memories, flashed through his mind.
God dammit Donghyuck! Leave me alone so I can work! I don't care about your fucking drawings!" His dad had screamed at him that day, had beat him later that night because he tried to show him again at dinner.
"Donghyuck, Donghyuck come back to me okay. I didn't mean to yell, I'm sorry" Johnny said softly. Donghyuck started rocking and covering his ears. He felt himself slip.

Haechan was pissed. He uncurled and got in Johnny's face. "Are you fucking crazy?!" He yelled and Johnny's breath hitched. Haechan saw tears down Johnny's cheeks. Johnny never cried in front of them, never. He almost felt bad. Almost. Haechan stood up. "You know better John!" He yelled. Johnny stood up and rubbed his hands together.
"I didn't mean to, I was just tired an-" Johnny started to say but Harchan cut him off.
"You're tired? You? Well Donghyuck's tired too! He's been crying for the past few nights!" Haechan felt his eyes sting from upcoming tears. "I'm tired too Johnny! I'm tired too" he felt a tear slide down his cheek. Johnny looked broken hearted, he looked worried and scared. Haechan's vision went black, he slipped this time.

-

Donghyuck looked at his brother worriedly, he's disoriented and his head hurts from the constant switching. "Johnny, please don't cry. I'm sorry for whatever Haechan said... I'm sorry" he sobbed and walked towards his brother hesitantly and Johnny stood still as to not scare the younger.
"H-Hyuckie, no I'm sorry, I yelled at you. I'm sorry" he said. Donghyuck walked towards him, not feeling any fear because, well... well it's Johnny. Johnny wouldn't hurt him. Johnny's the one who would put bandaids on Donghyuck since he was clumsy and fell a lot, Johnny's the one who would play with him when no one else would, and Johnny's taking care of him, even now. Donghyuck threw himself at Johnny and wrapped his arms and legs around the older and buried his face in his neck as he cried. Johnny held him up and told Donghyuck he loved him and he's sorry. Donghyuck held onto his big brother like a koala.
After awhile Johnny took Donghyuck to his room and laid him down after moving his stuffed animals out of the way. Donghyuck hugged Johnny one more time. "Love you" he whispered.
"I love you too Hyuckie" Johnny said. Johnny walked away and shut off Donghyuck's light and shut the door after saying goodnight.

It's 3 a.m and Donghyuck wasn't able to sleep. His mind was too busy. He squirmed out of his comfortable bed, cringing at the cold air that tickled his skin. He flipped on his light switch and opened his closet. He dug around and found what he was looking for. His suitcase. He picked it up and placed it on his bed and unzipped it. He shuffled back to his closet and began picking out a bunch of his favorite clothing and threw it onto his bed. Then he went to his dresser and grabbed underwear and socks and jeans and threw them in the pile. He shut the drawers quietly and walked back over to his bed. He folded the clothes so they were tiny and could all fit together in his suitcase. Once finished packing his clothing he went to the bathroom and grabbed his pill cases and toothbrush and toothpaste. He held the items close as he tiptoed to the kitchen to grab a plastic sandwich bag. He placed the items in it and zip-locked the bag. He walked back to his room passing by a picture of Johnny and his friends that was on the wall. He doesn't belong here.
He wouldn't be able to fit himself in that picture.
He placed the bag carefully on top of his clothing and then grabbed a few of his small stuffed animals and put them in the case and zipped it all up with a sigh. He can be brave, brave just like Johnny or Haechan.
He then went to his desk and sat down in his comfy chair. He hesitatingly grabbed a piece of notebook paper and one of his gel pens and began writing a note.