Chapter 73

The cars the Space Walker had been levitating came crashing down towards Gibbs and the Avengers. The team scattered, diving for shelter by the buildings as the cars slammed into the pavement. An explosion tore the metal frames apart, sending fragments flying out towards them. Rogers brought his shield up before McGhee and Gibbs, deflecting the shrapnel.

"Banner, you take the Chitauri," Gibbs instructed, fingers against his earpiece. "Barton, you take down as many as you can with your bow. If you can get an arrow into Sharpe, though, do it. McGhee, Rogers, you're on me. We're going to take down Sharpe. Wait for my signal."

"But what about last time, Boss?" McGhee panted. "He can control gravity."

"Did you just figure that out, McGhee?" Gibbs asked in irritation. "Just stay with me."

"Right," McGhee muttered, holding his pistol.

"What's the plan, Gibbs?" Roger inquired.

"Kill him," Gibbs said simply. "Abby, do you have Sharpe's file in front of you?"

"Yeah," Abby said. "But Gibbs, you do know I don't have a visual on your location, right? I won't be able to see his fighting style and offer advice if needed."

"Stark," Rogers said. "We need one of your drones watching our fight and sending the video to Abby in real time."

"Cap, that's quite a mouthful."

"We need a drone to livestream for Abby, Stark," McGhee translated.

"See, Spangled? It's not that hard to speak the lingo. Drone incoming. Abby, you should have a video feed any second now."

"Tony Stark, you think of everything," Abby said admiringly.

"Well, I do my best."

"Gibbs, you can't fight him like you'd fight a normal person," Abby said. "He's Enhanced and can control you using gravity." A second, and then: "I've got an image."

"How do we fight him, Abs?" McGhee demanded.

"Overwhelm him," Abby said. "Make him focus on the wrong things."

"Excuse me, Abby," came Ducky's voice. "But I do believe I have an idea on how you should do that."

"How, Duck?" Gibbs asked.

But it was Jimmy who answered, his voice eager. "You do have a Hulk, right?"

****

The Space Walker was still levitating in the air when Gibbs, McGhee, Barton, and Rogers darted out of hiding. The three agents aimed their projectile weapons at Sharpe and fired. Rogers threw his shield.

Sharpe jerked backwards, seeming to have been caught off guard by the barrage. The bullets and the arrow were deflected but the shield, thrown a second later, wasn't caught by the pull of gravity and smashed into Sharpe's head. The Enhanced scientist dropped several feet, his hands to his head as broken pieces of his helmet fell into the street.

"Again!" Gibbs yelled as Rogers slapped the recall magnet on his arm. The shield flew back towards him as the other three fired again at the scientist, who was only able to avoid two of the projectiles. One of the agents' bullet ended up lodged in his leg.

And then came a roar.

Banner's green-skinned Hulk jumped over the line of Avengers and flew through the air towards Sharpe. With another roar, Hulk smashed into Sharpe, knocking the scientist out of the sky and into the ground. Only at the last second was he able to relax the gravitational pull on him so as not to leave as much of a dent in the asphalt.

Gibbs and Rogers raced forward, McGhee and Barton covering their backs, as the Chitauri flocked towards their downed leader. Hulk roared at the Chitauri and went bounding towards the closest ones as Barton and McGhee began to fire at the aliens.

Gibbs stopped, brought his sniper rifle to his shoulder, and began to fire at the aliens. Rogers threw his shield in low, hitting them in the knees. As the crowd to Sharpe thinned, Gibbs replaced his rifle on his back, Rogers summoned his shield, and the two ran forward.

Rogers launched himself at Sharpe as he staggered to his feet, delivering a kick to the chest that put him back on the ground. Gibbs came in, firing at the scientist with his pistol and scoring a direct hit on his abdomen, but the armor prevented it from doing any damage to the flesh.

And then Gibbs and Rogers were fighting the scientist as he stumbled to his feet, using gravity to slow them down. Punching and kicking, the two former military men attacked the weakened scientist.

The shield to the head had broken the previously intense focus of the Space Walker and Rogers and Gibbs had the advantage in this fight. The gravitational pull was weaker and with them hitting him from two sides, the gravity didn't hinder the two the way it had before.

Hulk mowed through the Chitauri and Barton and McGhee shot down any that got too close to the duelers from where they had taken cover behind parked cars. Gibbs socked Sharpe in the jaw and Rogers simultaneously punched him in the ribs.

Sharpe screamed as he went over backwards, flinging his hands out as he fell. Gibbs felt himself suddenly floating up into the air and then slammed down into the pavement, Rogers suffering a similar fate. The two gasped, the air knocked out of them.

"I...am...done...with this!" Sharpe yelled. "This is a fight I am going to win!"

"That's always easier when you're on your feet!" McGhee called from behind his cover.

Sharpe pushed himself up onto his feet and reached out to McGhee, forcing him flat against the ground with gravitational pull. "How...about...now?" he said through gritted teeth, blood trails snaking down his face.

McGhee just groaned.

/**/

Here's your New Years surprise chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed it - remember to vote and let me know what you think! What did you guys think of Avengers v. Space Walker?

Have a happy New Year, everyone!

Skylar Wittenborn