Chapter 32

Edited.

FRED

I pace back and forth as I waited for the doctor, this can't be happening, what is going on? There is a piece of the puzzle I'm not getting, something is going on between the boys, something terrible.

"Mr Jackson?" The doctor called out as he walk to me.

"How is my brother?" I blurted out.

"He is fine, just a little shaken but fine, the height at which he fell was not that high, he is extremely lucky to come out whole, the impact on his head with the floor was not strong enough to cause any fracture or loose of memories or any cerebral problems." The doctor smiled assuredly.

I sigh in relief, "can I see him?"

"Yes, he'll be discharge in one hour, some headache might occur during his time of recovery  but do not panic, it normal, he'll have to take some pills."

"Fine, can I see him now?"

"Of course." I followed closely behind the doctor.

"As you can see he is fine." The doctor said.

I nodded, he left to give us some privacy.

I took some slow steps towards him. He didn't move or notice me, he kept staring at the nightstand humming something under his breath, either he saw me but was just ignoring me or he is totally lost in whatever he was humming.

"How do you feel?"

He stopped humming when his blue eyes settled on me, "fine."

I sat beside him, "you know we really need to talk."

"My head is pounding, I want to go home."

"Okay, I'll sign you out and we can go home."

~~~~~~~~~~~

We drove home in pure silent, normally if I was driving the boys home they always chat and laugh, but Christopher is so different he stays silent must of the time after asking some questions but today he is more weird than usual, his silence was killing me, I don't like the way he is staring at the window without saying a word. I can barely hear his breathing. I noticed those strange changes in him, since the incident with the cops, he looks more paler and distant with everyone, I knew father was really hard on him and that I made a mistake, I know I should have done something just maybe he won't be like this.

We pulled in the drive way, I killed the engine while Christopher got out.

I followed him in, he stood watching the stairs for a while before deciding to climb.

He need sometime to proceed what happened I too, I walk to Jack's room where he was nervously tapping his foot with Zack.

When the noticed my presence they both stood up.

"How is he?" They both chorus.

"Fine." The sigh in relief, "but traumatized." They avoided every eye contact.

"Get a corner, I'll be right back."
They groaned.

"But Fred" Zack started but I cut him off immediately.

"I don't wanna hear it! What you did is unacceptable!" I walk away while slamming the door. I need to cool off, I might end up hurting them.

I sigh as I took away my tie and suit, I threw them on the bed.

I walk to the bathroom rolling up my sleeves, I splash water on my face and clean up. I move to changing out of my office shirt, I put on a red collar shirt.