Snowed In: Part 2

The hot chocolate was truly wonderful. Your mom made sure that you knew how to make a good hot chocolate ever since you were little, and clearly, you did. Even Spencer said something about your hot chocolate.

"That's probably the best hot chocolate I've ever had," a sleepy Spencer said after taking his initial sip of the warm liquid. "It's the right mix of sweet and warm... who taught you how to make hot chocolate?"

You went on to tell Spencer the story of your mom and how the hot chocolate was a tradition that was passed down from female to female in your family. Your lips were shaped in a light smile as you explained the importance of the drink to your family. He listened intently, nodding as the words effortlessly escaped your mouth.

"I never knew that hot chocolate could be so important to a family," he said, raising an eyebrow. "Such a beverage doesn't seem so important."

"Well, it is!" you exclaim. "And the tradition is to always add whipped cream and chocolate chips on top. Now that's the best way to have hot chocolate!"

"Do you swear by it?"

"Of course! Why..."

You trail off when you look outside.

Snow. Huge flurries pour out of the sky like rain, falling to the ground and adding to the pile of snow that's already there. Your heart speeds upon seeing it, to the point where you place your hot chocolate down too quickly, the hot liquid splashing up and landing on your hand.

"Ow!" you say in response to the sudden burn, inhaling through your teeth. You didn't expect to be that excited for the snow.

"Oh my Lord!" Reid exclaimed, jumping up and running a random cloth under cool water before speed-walking to your side and carefully placing the damp cloth over the burn. Instinctively, Spencer put his hand over yours to apply pressure. He didn't think much of it, but you did. You kept looking down at your hand as your cheeks heated up.

Spencer was right, of course: you are like a three year old.

You look up at the genius, a small smile on your lips. Who knew he was so caring? Well, you knew, but you didn't think to this degree. He seemed so worried about you, it warmed your heart.

Of course, the genius noticed your sudden staring and looked up at you. Your cheeks heat up even more as your eyes lock. Who knew that he was so cute? The way his hair was messily arranged and how he just kept biting and licking his lips... he was like a perfect human. His demeanor, and the way he spoke... it was a mix of someone insanely smart and incredibly attractive. God clearly picked his favorites.

Examining his features have made you realize how close your faces were. You look away in embarrassment and clear your throat. He really just caught you staring at him. If you two were a few inches closer, you would've been kissing.

And you weren't objected to that idea.

"Thank you, Spence," you stammer, your eyes going back to the falling snow outside. You forgot about the snow! "Now come on, let's go outside!"

You rip your hand out from underneath that cloth and grab your snow pants and coat, chucking those extra snow pants at Spencer. "It's snowing! Let's go!"

~ time skip ~

Bursting out the doors of Spencer's apartment building, you dragged the boy wonder along to find an open field that would (hopefully) be blanketed in snow. Your eyes looked everywhere in search for the -

There it was. The perfect field. You couldn't see a single strand of grass, and the snow was untouched by anything. It was almost like a movie.

"Spencer... look!" you exclaim, walking out into the snow. "It's gorgeous. The snow just goes on forever... don't you wish you could just stay here forever?"

Spencer might've answered, but you didn't hear it. You were too entranced by the winter setting. You found yourself walking further into the field, looking up at the sky. The snow kept on falling in big chunks, and you kept spinning around. A huge smile was on your lips as your eyes fluttered shut. This was like the perfect thing.

What really caught you off-guard was a sudden pair of lips on yours. Your eyes opened to see who it was, and Spencer was right there. You froze. Spencer Reid? Kissing you?

Somehow, you eased into his kiss, allowing your fingers to get entangled into his brown hair. One of his hands cupped your cheek as the other was placed on your hip. This kiss was everything you ever dreamed of: the winter wonderland romance you wished for.

It seemed like forever until he pulled away, leaning his forehead on yours. "You look beautiful in the snow, my dear snow angel."

You can't help but give him a quick kiss again. "Come on," you say, your hands still in his hair. "Let's go play in the snow."