Lies upon Lies And Shape Shifted

Skyler's P.O.V

"Dad, can I go now?" I asked trying to get out of the car.

The whole twenty-four hour protection thing was seriously getting on my nerves. But at least I wasn't the only one who agreed, on the whole, keeping me away from Stiles thing. And Scott.

But I was slowly disagreeing with myself about the Scott bit. It was getting harder and harder to not make fun of him.

And I guess I missed Stiles a little. Being able to make fun of Scott with him was always so fun.

"This was a bad idea. I'm going to take you back home," Dad started the car up again and I sighed, placing my hand over his.

"I'll be fine. Trust me if I found a way to escape school..." Dad narrowed his eyes at me giving me a look that was a warning. "I would definitely still stay in school."

"You sure you're okay? No weird symptoms?" He asked one more time and I shook my head.

"I'm fine. It's probably just me going into shock, causing me to disappear for two days." It wasn't getting that much harder lying to him anymore.

It was a hobby at this point.

"That doesn't convince me," Dad sighed rubbing the temples on his forehead. It wasn't easy trying to convince Dad.

That's what Tessa was for.

"I'll be fine," I was trying to convince myself at this point.

I gave him a reassuring nod and before he could say anything else I raced out of the car and saw Lydia and Allison walking towards the school doors.

"Well, look who it is," Lydia crossed her arms over her chest looking over at me and I looked over at Allison who had an amused smile on her face. "You disappear for forty-eight hours and don't even drop in a call or a text after your found."

"Wait, Lydia, you went missing for two days, too," I retorted and Lydia scoffed as if it didn't matter.

"So what's with the new attitude?" She ignored my confrontation.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking at her completely clueless.

"Oh, come on, you don't think I've noticed you haven't been hanging out with those brainless idiots you call your friends. Scott and Stiles?"

I shrugged my shoulders as if it were nothing and didn't comment on her comment.

It's not something I was keen on talking about. Especially in front of Allison since it wasn't just me who was lied to.

But she somehow got over it.

I was left in the dark about being an Argent while Scott and Stiles knew the entire time.

My best friends were lying to me, about myself.

Makes me wonder what else they like lying about. What if Stiles really isn't a virgin?

Nevermind, that ones too true to be considered a lie.

"Wait so you really don't remember anything?" Allison asked looking at both of us.

Thank god someone has the common sense to start up a new conversation.

"They call it a fuge state which is basically a way of saying-"

"We have no idea why you went running through woods naked for two days," I sighed finishing off Lydia's sentence. "Yeah, you're not the only one."

"It's weird that both of you went missing and naked at the same time," Allison said as if this situation wasn't already awkward.